Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Not Happy (additional [post)

          
  1. #1
    Registered Member Blueline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    21

    Not Happy (additional [post)

    I started recent post saying I was not happy with my results, using clay, cleaner wax and then topping with Ultimate wax. Not the product, just my workmanship, so I wanted to start over. Wanted to know if I needed to clay the trunk again to take off the old wax, or could I just use the cleaner wax, to take off the old wax and start over. Everyone noted that claying was not necessary again. Perhaps I should have been a little more forthcoming with my problem. I had used UC to remove a scratch on the trunk, and in certain light, it can bee seen how aggressive I got with the UC. There is a slight haze in the spot I was was working on. So my question is this time, can I simply use UP to remove the existing cleaner wax and UW while polishing out the haze, and the reapply my cleaner wax, and Ultimate Wax?. Will the existing wax bung up the polishing effects of Ultimate Polish? It seems to be a simpler four step solution, to start with UP, polish out the blemish, and reapply the cleaner and then UW. The other was is a five step process, cleaner wax, polish with UP, apply cleaner wax, and then UW. So four steps or five? Thank again.

  2. #2
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,462
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    So my question is this time, can I simply use UP to remove the existing cleaner wax and UW while polishing out the haze, and the reapply my cleaner wax, and Ultimate Wax?. Will the existing wax bung up the polishing effects of Ultimate Polish? It seems to be a simpler four step solution, to start with UP, polish out the blemish, and reapply the cleaner and then UW. The other was is a five step process, cleaner wax, polish with UP, apply cleaner wax, and then UW. So four steps or five? Thank again.
    Ultimate Polish will remove any existing wax on the paint and also should work to remove any haze from working in the Ultimate Compound aggressively. I would suggest going straight to applying Ultimate Wax after Ultimate Polish, but I believe it has already been established in your other thread that you prefer using cleaner wax in between the two.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

  3. #3
    Registered Member Blueline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    Thanks Nick. I was concerned that the old wax would have some negative effect on the Ultimate Polish, either in its desired effect, or by bunging up the pad or something. Also, thanks for the suggestion, but I will stick to Meguiar's #6 as my cleaner wax. I just find UP too difficult to work with, for a whole car, either by hand or with my handy DA System. (which I must say is a dandy tool for spot correction) Thank you.

  4. #4
    Registered Member wifpd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,625
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    My two cents....

    You're working in a limited area, trunk lid, and just removing the microscopic layer of wax, I don't think your pad will be plugged up. At least much less than heavy compounding.

    "fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Ultimate Polish will remove any existing wax on the paint and also should work to remove any haze from working in the Ultimate Compound aggressively. I would suggest going straight to applying Ultimate Wax after Ultimate Polish, but I believe it has already been established in your other thread that you prefer using cleaner wax in between the two.
    I agree with these steps good luck

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    It's not due to your aggressiveness. UC can easily haze up on harder CC. Had this happened on my merc (hard CC) and Audi multiple times . It's easy to remove the haze , simply apply some M205 UFP and pass 3-4 times with minimum pressure. Remember to check the surface regularly.

    Try using UC only as spot repair instead of the entire car. Because while hazing is not a big problem, but it's quite labor intensive to remove if it covered the entire car and can be quite difficult to spot without direct side-by-side comparison.

    And remember, ALWAYS test the polish (the complete process) on a small area first.

  7. #7
    Registered Member Blueline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    Quote Originally Posted by amblin83 View Post
    Try using UC only as spot repair instead of the entire car. .
    Thanks for your reply. This is the only way I use UC, never the entire car and only when I have something UP will not take out. Anyway what I ended up doing was using UC to get that one irritating scratch out, and UP just for added gloss. Then I went brave, and polished half the trunk with UP, and it came off quite easy. Still brave, I polished the other half, and again was impressed. Once done, I topped it with a nice coat of UW. Now I am happy with the results. It was very humid so perhaps that is why it was not drying quickly, and was rather enjoyable to use. Anyway, it is all done. Drove to work this morning like the king of the road in my supreme gloss black beauty. The first bird will feel my wrath.

  8. #8
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,462
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Not Happy (additional [post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Thanks for your reply. This is the only way I use UC, never the entire car and only when I have something UP will not take out. Anyway what I ended up doing was using UC to get that one irritating scratch out, and UP just for added gloss. Then I went brave, and polished half the trunk with UP, and it came off quite easy. Still brave, I polished the other half, and again was impressed. Once done, I topped it with a nice coat of UW. Now I am happy with the results. It was very humid so perhaps that is why it was not drying quickly, and was rather enjoyable to use. Anyway, it is all done. Drove to work this morning like the king of the road in my supreme gloss black beauty. The first bird will feel my wrath.
    Happy to hear you were able to work it out.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Additional protection for the paint job
    By prr in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 5th, 2015, 05:44 AM
  2. Happy happy birthday michael stoops!!!!
    By Marc08EX in forum The Break Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Aug 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM
  3. Newbie-do I need any additional product?
    By Dave's Detailing in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
  4. HELP! What do I need additional to orbital buffer?
    By Tuningfreak in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Sep 11th, 2005, 05:57 AM
  5. Additional Types of Wash Mop Covers...
    By gb387 in forum New Product Suggestions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2005, 08:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •