• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Hi guys I recently bought a porter cable 7424xp polisher. I have no experience using a machine, but some working by hand. I have a 2014 corolla that I need to wash, clay, polish and wax. Just want some advice on pads and polish and wax to use. Paint has swirls but overall not very bad. No bid scratches or anything like that. I was looking at m205 and putting wax over that, not sure if that stuff is a good finishing/mild abrasive polish to clean that up in one step.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Need some advice

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish may not be aggressive enough to remove all swirls/scratches. It will depend on your car's paint hardness as well.

I would recommend to get Meguiar's 5-inch buffing discs and Ultimate products: Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax (I like paste version of that wax, but liquid version will not stain external trim).

Ultimate Compound is more effective with swirl/scratch removal, while Ultimate Polish is mild cleaner/polish with super rich polishing oils.

In the future you may want to add a smaller backing plate to your polisher and get even smaller buffing pads, like 3" or 4", which will allow spot buffing in tight areas.

There is also DA Microfiber Correction System available, which uses special liquids and microfiber discs for full detail option. It offers fast and effective defect removal. For your type of the polisher, again, 5" set would be recommended.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');