• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish as gloss restorer again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish as gloss restorer again

I worked on 2-year old Honda CR-V, grey metallic, to remove small paint defects and restore gloss.
    Small below surface problems have been treated with Rupes Bigfoot Nano iBrid polisher and included etched bird droppings and isolated scratches.

Wash: Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Wash & Shine

Clay: Hi-Tech Magna sponge

Prep/Polish: Ultimate Polish
    Flex XFE7-15, Meguiar's 6-inch black foam finishing disc, speed 3
    Rupes LHR 75E, Meguiar's 4-inch black foam finishing pad, speed 3

Protection: Ultimate Wax
    Rupes LHR 75E, Meguiar's 4-inch black foam finishing pad, speed 2

Due to the decorative stripes, sitting on top of the paint, running under the side windows, I had to use small 2-inch buffing pads above them.
    The correction work was quick as the paint was not too hard. Also it responded well to Ultimate Polish producing high gloss.
    Surprisingly, I experienced some cupping effect, using Ultimate Polish, with 4-inch pads. The center of the finishing pad started collapsing upon product load up. It did not happen with the 6-inch discs. I simply used pad conditioning brush more often to address that issue.

I still need to work on the vehicle's interior, engine and exterior (wheels, tires and trim). I plan to apply Ultimate Fast Finish on top of Ultimate Wax for extra protection.
    And then ... time to fire up the grill and enjoy the long weekend.

Re: Ultimate Polish as gloss restorer again

Hi Gregg,

Long time no speak.

Rappy

Comment

Looks awesome, nicely done.

Envious array of equipment you used, your skillful use shines through. Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax excellent duo on this car.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Very nice work! Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by rapport25 View Post
          Hi Gregg,

Long time no speak.

Rappy
          Hi Rappy,

Thanks a lot.
          Nice to see you back on MOL.

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
          Looks awesome, nicely done.

Envious array of equipment you used, your skillful use shines through. Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax excellent duo on this car.
          Thanks, David.

You are not a stranger to high end detailing yourself.
          My detailing arsenal has got expanded last couple years.
          Flex and Rupes already have announced new polishing tools coming soon.

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
          Very nice work! Looks great!
          Thank you.

The owner was happy with the refreshed look.

Comment

The vehicle has received another coat of wax. This time it was natural, carnauba-based, M16 Professional Paste Wax.

My go-to set for waxing:

Gatorade is optional, but very helpful, to stay hydrated. I recommend Cool Blue flavor, but any other flavor will do fine.

After the application:

M16 always leaves paint surface with naturally warm and glossy look.
            Gold Class Carnauba Plus, M20 Polymer Sealant (mild cleaner/wax) or M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax can be used instead of M16, as they will give similar look.

Few "aerial" shots:

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');