• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

# 7 vs. 205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 7 vs. 205

I've used #7 for many years but after reading about 205 sounds like 205 would replace #7?

BTW, a great forum, wish I would have found it earlier.

Re: # 7 vs. 205

M07 Show Car Glaze is a pure polish.
    M205 Ultra Finishing Polish is a cleaner/polish, it has mild abrasives, it uses Meguiar's super micro abrasive technology (SMAT).

Ultimate Polish is very similar to M205. It's also a cleaner/polish, even less aggressive than M205, but offers higher gloss than M205.

M205, just like M07, can be used with rotary buffers. Ultimate Polish was designed for dual action (random orbital) polisher applications. Of course all three products can be applied by hand as well.

On the same paint, BMW Deep Sea Blue Metallic, M205 vs Ultimate Polish:

M205 applied by rotary buffer, Ultimate Polish by dual action polisher.

Comment

Almost forgot,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

Comment

Originally posted by dennish2024 View Post
        I've used #7 for many years but after reading about 205 sounds like 205 would replace #7?

BTW, a great forum, wish I would have found it earlier.
        What are you working on? Single stage or base coat/clear coat?
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Looks like my Meguiar's inventory is going to be ever expanding!

Currently working on my wife's 2016 Grand Cherokee, red velvet pearl. Mine is a 2016 Ram 1500, pearl white. Tough to make the white pop like the red velvet.

I have a Porter Cable DA.

Thanks for all of the advice!

Comment

The reason I asked what you were working on is because M7 is more applicable to single stage paint. It rejuvenates the paint as it becomes oxidized.

With base coat/clear coat, M205 or ultimate polish would be a better approach.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Good to know, thanks. I did the truck and Jeep with 205 and liked the outcome, now I'll give Ultimate Polish a try. I'm retired so I don't mind spending time polishing and waxing.

Comment

If you already have M205 then no need to use ultimate polish. UP is derived from M205. Same abrasive load but just less of them. So less cut but with more polishing oils than M205. You are good to go with what you have.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Okay, I had a hard time finding M205, went to all the auto parts stores finally did Walmart online and was able to get a 32 oz bottle for $20 shipped free to the store.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');