• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast gloss with Ultimate Polish/Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast gloss with Ultimate Polish/Wax

I was due for a spring detail on my own vehicle. As winter was pretty long this year in New York area I delayed the project until last week.

BMW X3 Deep Sea Blue Metallic

Wash: Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Wash & Shine
    Clay: Hi-Tech Magna sponge
    Prep: Ultimate Polish Pre-Wax Glaze
    Flex XFE7-15, Meguiar's 6" yellow polishing disc (DFP6), speed 4
    Rupes LHR 75E, Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 4-inch yellow polishing pad (W8204), speed 4
    Wax: Ultimate Paste Wax
    Rupes LHR 75E, Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 4-inch black finishing pad (W9204), speed 2

Exterior trim: Ultimate Black
    Tires: Ultimate Black Tire Coating
    Wheels: D140 Wheel Brightener
    Glass: Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner
    Perfect Clarity Glass Care Kit (Glass Polishing Compound applied by Rupes LHR 75E with Meguiar's W8204 buffing pad)

The vehicle's metallic paint always responds very well to Ultimate Polish treatment, and so it does to M205. I was happy with the final result as the high gloss came back to it.

I prefer paste version of Ultimate Wax. It feels more like applying M16, but with much easier wipe-off.

It was my first application of Ultimate Black Paint Coating. The spray version makes it very easy to apply. The product left the tires in just right amount of gloss: not too high, not too dull. I hope for much longer protection period than other products offer.

I plan to apply Ultimate Fast Finish on top Ultimate Wax within next couple weeks. That combo should leave the paint well protected for the summer time. In fall there will be winter preparation project.

Re: Fast gloss with Ultimate Polish/Wax

Ultimate Wax protecting the paint surface:

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by RPPM View Post
        Looks great!
        Thank you.

Comment

Good to see such good results with Ultra Polish. Many people seem to go straight to Compounding when it is not required. Saves the paint.
          How long did it take for such fine results ?

Comment

Originally posted by sunday joe View Post
            Good to see such good results with Ultra Polish. Many people seem to go straight to Compounding when it is not required. Saves the paint. How long did it take for such fine results ?
            Thank you.
            I tend to address bigger paint defects separately, after wash and clay, using either Flex PE8 small rotary buffer or Rupes Bigfoot Nano iBrid long neck polisher with 1, 2 or 3-inch buffing pads. That way I'm only aggressive in small areas, where I need to be, by compounding them. It truly saves the paint.

The work on the paint took about 5 hours including wash/clay, polishing and waxing. I switched between Flex XFE7-15 and Rupes LHR 75E during the polishing step.

Comment

Looks very nice - well done! I love the color.
              Lydia's Mobile Detailing
              Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
              2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Fantastic!

Ultimate Polish is a long time favorite. Great as a one step on many paints using a Rupes yellow microfiber pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
                  Looks very nice - well done! I love the color.
                  Thank you, Lydia.

This paint color is much easier to maintain than my previous X3's non-metallic Jet Black.

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                  Fantastic!
                  Ultimate Polish is a long time favorite. Great as a one step on many paints using a Rupes yellow microfiber pad.
                  Thank you.

Sometimes I use M205 with microfiber disc, as one-step correction/polishing, using Kevin Brown Method.
                  Ultimate Polish provides higher gloss but M205 is the king of 3-D/paint depth effect.

Comment

Ultimate Paste Wax still protecting the paint surface super well:

Ultimate Black Tire Coating still holding on, picture taken after 25-mile ride in the rain:

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');