• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice Please!

Hello, first post and newbie need help here..
    My car is a japan car, Panther Grand Touring 2012, and it's have a black colour.
    I bought meguiars products : Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polisher, Ultimate Wax, Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax, and M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax. As I read on the forum and ask to the seller in my country, black cars can have a great detail if I use the M26. But next thursday I want to use the Ultimate Wax for the waxing. Which one the better wax for your opinion? Can I use them both? For example UW first then M26.
    Then about the polisher, I read also in this forum that DCCW are pure polisher, and the UP have a little abrasive and oils. For your opinion, which one polisher that I must use?
    Can I use them both too? UP then DCCW?
    Thanks for the help. Sorry for the bad english.

Re: Need Advice Please!

Better in what way? UW offers brighter reflections and much longer lasting protection, #26 offers a deep warm glow but is relatively shorter lived. You can use them both using UW first and following a day later with #26 but I'd stick with one or the other. Your paint will determine which polish is better for your needs but my go to favorite polish is #205. If you want to choose between UP or DCCW I'd try test spots and see which gives better results.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
      Better in what way? UW offers brighter reflections and much longer lasting protection, #26 offers a deep warm glow but is relatively shorter lived. You can use them both using UW first and following a day later with #26 but I'd stick with one or the other. Your paint will determine which polish is better for your needs but my go to favorite polish is #205. If you want to choose between UP or DCCW I'd try test spots and see which gives better results.
      Better in the colour like new car, bright, gloss and wet look..
      Because I already tried the M26 on my other car, old car too Toyota Kijang SGX 2004 which is Gold Metallic, with the 3 step, UC, UP, M26 and the result is dissapointing.. It's just wet look and little glossy, nothing special.. Is it because the old paint?
      Are M205 can do with hand and a applicator? Because I don't have the machine polisher..
      For the compound, I just buy the M105 too for the compound, can I use it for Hand detailing too?

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Nyotowijoyo View Post
        Better in the colour like new car, bright, gloss and wet look..
        Because I already tried the M26 on my other car, old car too Toyota Kijang SGX 2004 which is Gold Metallic, with the 3 step, UC, UP, M26 and the result is dissapointing.. It's just wet look and little glossy, nothing special.. Is it because the old paint?
        Are M205 can do with hand and a applicator? Because I don't have the machine polisher..
        For the compound, I just buy the M105 too for the compound, can I use it for Hand detailing too?
        For your 2004 Gold Metallic car, one reason for the not so spectacular results is that the color is light/metallic. It would be very hard to get the "depth" from a light colors, all things equal. Usually, dark colors show the most dramatic before and after pictures, with dark colors, you can get that really deep rich shine. That's the thing with bright (metallic or light colored) and dark paints. With light colors, you can spend hours detailing/correcting and apply the "best" wax out there, but the overall results will be just.. good, shiny, but not as spectacular but may be easier to maintain. The opposite may apply to dark colors. You may just do a quick paint correction (using megs cleaner waxes), follow it up with a good quality Carnauba wax or Synthetic wax and you might get awesome results, but it can be difficult to maintain. Plus dark colors absorb more heat vs. light colored colors, so all things equal, wax (synthetic or carnauba) may degrade faster.

If you want that brighter, more crisp reflections on your black car, then use Ultimate Wax. Optionally, you can apply M26 or Deep Crystal Carnauba wax, just remember to allow the Ultimate Wax you applied and buffed off to cure for 12 hours to ensure the polymers in it to really bond with the paint.

If done right, you can spend less time detailing a dark colored car and look like you've spent hours and hours detailing it, as opposed to a bright colored car. As mentioned, you can spend hours and hours making the paint really pop, apply this Synthetic wax followed by a Carnauba, and the car may just look "slightly shinier" or a bit more sparkly.

M105 and M205 ideally should be used by machine polisher, it might be ok to use it for hand polishing, but it would be inferior at best to machine polishing.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
          For your 2004 Gold Metallic car, one reason for the not so spectacular results is that the color is light/metallic. It would be very hard to get the "depth" from a light colors, all things equal. Usually, dark colors show the most dramatic before and after pictures, with dark colors, you can get that really deep rich shine. That's the thing with bright (metallic or light colored) and dark paints. With light colors, you can spend hours detailing/correcting and apply the "best" wax out there, but the overall results will be just.. good, shiny, but not as spectacular but may be easier to maintain. The opposite may apply to dark colors. You may just do a quick paint correction (using megs cleaner waxes), follow it up with a good quality Carnauba wax or Synthetic wax and you might get awesome results, but it can be difficult to maintain. Plus dark colors absorb more heat vs. light colored colors, so all things equal, wax (synthetic or carnauba) may degrade faster.

If you want that brighter, more crisp reflections on your black car, then use Ultimate Wax. Optionally, you can apply M26 or Deep Crystal Carnauba wax, just remember to allow the Ultimate Wax you applied and buffed off to cure for 12 hours to ensure the polymers in it to really bond with the paint.

If done right, you can spend less time detailing a dark colored car and look like you've spent hours and hours detailing it, as opposed to a bright colored car. As mentioned, you can spend hours and hours making the paint really pop, apply this Synthetic wax followed by a Carnauba, and the car may just look "slightly shinier" or a bit more sparkly.

M105 and M205 ideally should be used by machine polisher, it might be ok to use it for hand polishing, but it would be inferior at best to machine polishing.
          Thanks for the great explanation..
          Yes, you right, I'm just tried the ultimate wax today, Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax, then Ultimate Wax and it's like a new car, bright and crisp reflection..
          About the next waxing the m26, do I must claying the car again? Or just spraying with quik detailer to remove dirt?
          Sorry for OOT question, What's the different between ultimate wax, nxt wax, mirror bright polisher wax?

Comment

No, no claying needed prior to applying M26 or Deep Crystal on top of Ultimate wax. You can spray quick detailer before applying M26 or Deep Crystal Carnauba.

Ultimate Wax-a synthetic polymer wax, it was meguiar's most durable wax. Has hydrophobic polymer technology and thin film technology too. A bit more depth than NXT 2.0, and has slightly sharper, crisper reflections than NXT 2.0, applies thinner and removal is easier than NXT 2.0
            NXT 2.0- was next in line in terms of durability, like Ultimate wax, this has hydrophobic polymer technology as well. Gives a more candy coated look vs. Ultimate wax, still easy to use.
            Mirror Bright Wax-A cleaner wax, meaning a wax with very mild cleaners/abrasives. Useful for quick detailing jobs, it can remove minor scuffs of minor/shallow scratches on paint.

The difference in overall look is very difficult to see, remembering that the shine will come from the steps used (Claying, Paint correction, etc.) BEFORE wax is applied.

Comment

Go easy on the polishing part. Japanese paint is usually thin and soft, so use a lower cut compound and soft plate and inspect the result regularly.

i worked on my friend's highlander a few years back , just the ultra finishing polish with white pad was enough to remove 99% of the defects.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');