• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D140 Wheel Brightener question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D140 Wheel Brightener question

As I cannot get the D143 in Europe ( still waiting for an explanation from Meguiar's US) I was wondering if the D140 is safe to clean tires at the same time as cleaning the wheel.

Re: D140 Wheel Brightener question

I don't know the answer on whether it's chemically a problem for the tire or not, but I can assure you that while cleaning a wheel with Wheel Brightner there is plenty of product that rolls around the wheel and drains off over the tire. All without any noticeable effect. Personally, I use an all purpose cleaner or other dedicated tire cleaner for the rubber, and wheel wells, at the same time I'm allowing the Wheel Brightner to dwell on the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
      I don't know the answer on whether it's chemically a problem for the tire or not, but I can assure you that while cleaning a wheel with Wheel Brightner there is plenty of product that rolls around the wheel and drains off over the tire. All without any noticeable effect. Personally, I use an all purpose cleaner or other dedicated tire cleaner for the rubber, and wheel wells, at the same time I'm allowing the Wheel Brightner to dwell on the rim.
      I suppose it makes sense.. I might buy a gallon of both..

Comment

Wheel Brightener isn't really meant to clean tires. For best results, get an all purpose cleaner or "tire" cleaner.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');