• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning NXT wax out of Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning NXT wax out of Pads

So I cleaned my pads by hand. Ult. Polish, and ultra. Compound came right out. NXT wax didn't seem to want to come out of the black pad. Any suggestions?

i am using simple green to clean, them, cause, well that's what I have.

Re: Cleaning NXT wax out of Pads

That is a good sign. Shows you how durable it is if you can not get it out of the pad. Rinse it out as best as you can and dedicate it as an NXT applicator.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Mix warm water with couple ounces of Simple Green cleaner/degreaser, or similar product, in a water bucket. Let the buffing pad(s) soak for about 15 minutes. Agitate with pad conditioning brush, or even a toothbrush, and rinse well. Let dry and use again.

It's a very good idea to designate some pads for wax/cleaner wax applications only.

Comment

For as often as people say that Meguiar's sealants and waxes don't hold up, they sure are difficult to remove from pads.

My M21 pad gets a light spray of Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner to remove the sealant. Using nitrile gloved hands, I massage it in, and thoroughly rinse out.

I hate doing that, but nothing else gets it out.

That NXT is pretty tough stuff.

Comment

Some Dawn, etc soap can help. For hand applicators, I just toss them in a bucket of soapy water for a while, then rinse ,squeeze, rinse, squeeze a few times.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I got the water a little warmer, and let them soak. IT cleaned up! TANKS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');