• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right Meguiar's products for Lexus Self-Healing Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right Meguiar's products for Lexus Self-Healing Paint?

Hello everyone,

I am new to the group. I just purchased a red Lexus GS 350. Upon reading the owner's manual, it states the paint finish is "Self Healing" and warns not to use abrasive products on the finish. My questions are:

1) Can I safely use the Meguiar's Clay Bar kit on this type of finish?

2) What is the best consumer grade Meguiar's wax/polish to use on this type of finish? The Meguiar's product advisor seems to keep pointing to Meguiar's "Ultimate" wax. What about the NXT 2.0 Tech Wax? Are either of these abrasive?

3) Any other special tips to maintain and get the best out of this type of finish?

Note that I am just an average consumer, not a professional detailer - I can't spend several days to wax my car, nor am I willing to spend hundreds on exotic waxes. I did do a search on self healing paint - but couldn't find any specific recommendations for the best Meguiar's products for this type of finish.

Re: The right Meguiar's products for Lexus Self-Healing Paint?

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

Comment

Re: The right Meguiar's products for Lexus Self-Healing Paint?

Originally posted by cswake View Post
      Did you ever get an answer to your question?
      I never did get an answer to my question. However, I ended up getting the paint ceramic coated. After two years, paint still looks like new, and feels like glass. All I do is wash it periodically. I never thought I would like the ceramic coatings, but I am sold on them!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');