• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax and ONR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Liquid Wax and ONR?

Hello everyone. Somewhat new to the forums. Not to long ago I waved my brand new (and first) car with Ultimate Liquid Wax. I clayed it and will give it a polish at the end of the year. Since I love keeping it nice and clean, I wash it every Friday and use quickdetailer sundays.

I'm on my third bottle of Waterless Wash & Wax (Anywhere). I am eyeing ONR to use as waterless (soak/spray down multiple towels and heavily spray car with 1oz/2gal solution instead of bucket). I was wondering if it was a good "combo", meaning is it safe? Will it affect the durability or performance of the wax?

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax and ONR?

ONR is safe and works well if used properly. I use it. I don't like it as a waterless wash but as a rinseless wash it is great. It does not have the slickness as a waterless wash. McKee's 37 N914 would be another great option. It's a rinseless wash similar to D114 (discontinued). It can be used as a waterless wash. quick detailer, clay lube. It has nice lubricity using it as a waterless wash. It leaves nothing behind on the surface like D114.

You also have the option to stay within the Meguiar's line and purchase D115 which is the bulk version of ultimate waterless wash & wax.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax and ONR?

Regardless of the product, Optimum, Duragloss, McKees etc., use it as intended for paint-safe cleaning. Use a rinseless process with a rinseless product. If you prefer a waterless process, use either a dedicated waterless product or proper concentration of a multi-use product, such as McKees.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');