• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goo Gone Help - Lime Deposit on Taillight Not Going Away from Plastidip Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goo Gone Help - Lime Deposit on Taillight Not Going Away from Plastidip Removal

Hi All,

I wanted to do a comprehensive wax of my entire car and used Goo-gone to remove the plastidip from my spoiler. After removing the plastidip I did a quick wash and noticed the tail light was completed hazed with lime/calcium build up. I looked up online the vinegar method to remove the build up and tried that several times with different concentration amounts but still it didn't even remove a thing from it and now I'm kinda worried I just ruined my tail light

Does anyone know what else I can do to remove the deposits?

Appreciate any tips/suggestions!

Thanks,

Re: Goo Gone Help - Lime Deposit on Taillight Not Going Away from Plastidip Removal

If vinegar didn't help are you sure it's lime/calcium? Whatever it is I'd try PlastX first if you have some or go right to Ultimate Polish, gently. These plastic lights are a PITA to keep looking clean.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');