• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need recommendation on paint sealant/protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need recommendation on paint sealant/protection

so i did a full detail on my truck clay bar, compound,polish,wax. i was wondering what people suggest is a good sealant to put on after wax to protect the paint/wax/job i just did..? or am i better of just using a quick detalaier or quick wax or fast finish or will one of these not work well on wax etc... I'm new to detailing so sorry if I'm asking some stupid questions thanks for all your input and help this forum has helped me a lot thank you everyone hopefully i can help other once my knoleghe grows

Re: need recommendation on paint sealant/protection

You can choose something like ultimate wax, NXT or the new ultimate fast finish for a sealant.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

so i did a full detail on my truck clay bar, compound,polish,wax. i was wondering what people suggest is a good sealant to put on after wax to protect the paint/wax/job i just did..?
      I assume you used a natural wax to protect your paint after full detail. Therefore your options are somehow limited now. Usually a layer of sealant/synthetic wax is put first and then a layer of natural wax on top of it. That way the advantage of long lasting protection, offered by sealants, is kept as a base product.

or am i better of just using a quick detalaier or quick wax or fast finish or will one of these not work well on wax etc...

Quick wax, Ultimate Fast Finish or another layer of natural wax would all work just fine.
      Try to maintain your car's paint using gentle shampoo, like Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner or Ultimate Wash & Wax, quick detailers between car washes to remove light dust, and spray waxes after each car wash, on dry vehicle, like Ultimate Quik Wax.

Natural waxes, based on carnauba, give more natural, warm and glossy look. Synthetic waxes/sealants darken the paint color and offer longer lasting protection. Meguiar's has also hybrid waxes in its line of products, like M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, which offer best of both types of waxes.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
        I assume you used a natural wax to protect your paint after full detail. Therefore your options are somehow limited now. Usually a layer of sealant/synthetic wax is put first and then a layer of natural wax on top of it. That way the advantage of long lasting protection, offered by sealants, is kept as a base product.

Quick wax, Ultimate Fast Finish or another layer of natural wax would all work just fine.
        Try to maintain your car's paint using gentle shampoo, like Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner or Ultimate Wash & Wax, quick detailers between car washes to remove light dust, and spray waxes after each car wash, on dry vehicle, like Ultimate Quik Wax.

Natural waxes, based on carnauba, give more natural, warm and glossy look. Synthetic waxes/sealants darken the paint color and offer longer lasting protection. Meguiar's has also hybrid waxes in its line of products, like M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, which offer best of both types of waxes.

i have meguiars ultimate wax and the professional mirror glaze hi-tech yellow wax #26 i used the #26 on the hood and ultimate on the fenders to see witch gives my more of a wet, shiny mirror look unfortunately its been raining and cloudy since iv detailed it so iv yet to see it in the sun. my paint is silver ice metallic its a chevy silverado so hopping it gets as sunny glossy as possible thanks for your input i really appreciate it

i just got home i went and got the meguiars fast finish to give it a try

Comment

I would have sealed then wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Bos View Post
            I would have sealed then wax.
            so after polishing use the fast finish then apply wax ?

Comment

Originally posted by chris918 View Post
              so after polishing use the fast finish then apply wax ?
              Ultimate Fast Finish can be used on top of any wax/sealant. It locks it and offers long protection period.

From my experience - I really like NxT Tech Wax 2.0 on silver paint.
              But M26 or Ultimate Wax will leave surface glossy and well protected too.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention: it's recommended to wait 12-24 hours after wax/sealant application before using Ultimate Fast Finish on top of it.
                It's polymer-based product.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
                  Sorry, I forgot to mention: it's recommended to wait 12-24 hours after wax/sealant application before using Ultimate Fast Finish on top of it.
                  It's polymer-based product.
                  And vice-versa, 12-24 hours after using Fast Finish before waxing.
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');