• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new, how's my product lineup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new, how's my product lineup?

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to the detailing scene, but I like it a lot already. I plan on doing some headlight restorations on the side. It's not a serious business, just something to make a little money on the side. I want you guys to tell me if my line up of products is good. I may get better products if this side job becomes a full time job.

Harbor freight hd DA polisher as my main polisher
    meguiars m205 for the first polish
    meguiars ultimate polish as the jeweling polish
    meguairs ultimate liquid wax as the sealant
    collinite 845 for the final wax
    meguiars 3" backing plate
    meguiars soft buff 4" pads yellow and black.
    also thinking of buying a LC hybrid waxing pad because of the thickness and how it doesn't absorb product.

Re: Brand new, how's my product lineup?

I see a lot of redundancy.

Two finishing polishes and two protection products.

I'd have recommended the following:

M100 Pro Speed Compound
    M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
    M21 2.0 Synthetic Sealant

Or:

Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Wax

4" Burgundy pads
    4" Yellow Pads
    4" Black pads

Nice and simple, yet most bases are covered.

Comment

It's the Lake Country Hydroctech that resist product absorption.

They also have a simple program:

Cyan (blue) - Cutting
      Tangerine (orange) - Polishing
      Crimson (red) - Waxing

These are some of my favorites..

Comment

Thanks drumdan. I will look into getting it. I already bought the liquids so I can't return them now

Comment

The overall quality is excellent though!

Comment

Thanks! What DA would you recommend me getting after the harbor freight one?

Comment

Originally posted by Fufuflavor View Post
              Thanks! What DA would you recommend me getting after the harbor freight one?
              That is a pretty capable machine. The PC 7424xp, the GG6.... They're all relatively the same.

The MT300 seems to have some nice features, but again, it's an 8mm free spindle random orbital.

You may want to consider a Flex 3401, which is a gear forced orbital polisher, a true Dual Action in that the spin, and orbit are both engaged, and consistently moving.

Another direction would be a tall stroke tool, like the Rupes 12mm, 15mm, and 21mm offset tools. I have the 12mm Duetto and Mini, and they're phenomenal!

However, at this time I usually reach for my old PC7424 before anything else.

Comment

Wow those things get up in price. I'll see how well the HF does for me then I'll move to a PC or griots

Comment

Originally posted by Fufuflavor View Post
                  Wow those things get up in price. I'll see how well the HF does for me then I'll move to a PC or griots
                  I agree with Drumdan, those 3 machines are relatively equal. You'd be wasting your money buying a PC or GG6 as an upgrade... If you're looking for a 2nd machine to upgrade to, look into 1 of the polishers Drumdan suggested.

Also, make sure you're using a 5" backing plate with your HF polisher and not the 1 it came with. The Meguiars 5" DA Backing Plate and 5" thin foam pads are ideal.
                  Last edited by Eldorado2k; Apr 17, 2017, 11:19 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');