• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Press Spray Wax leaving smears/streaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Press Spray Wax leaving smears/streaks

Hello, first time posting in this forum. I use the D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax for interiors and exteriors and it's a great product. One of the selling features is that it doesn't streak. In my experience of using it, I have found that not to be entirely true. Maybe I'm not using it correctly? When I have used it as a drying aid for 2 bucket washes, I haven't noticed the smearing/streaking. However, when I use it after a rinseless wash it seems to leave smear/streak marks, similar to wax that doesn't buff off properly. I find myself having to use Quick Detailer spray to get rid of the marks. I've tried working in a smaller section to see if I was working too large of a section and that wasn't it. Am I using too much product or not enough? I generally do 1-2 sprays depending on the size of the section I'm working on. I don't have any of these issues on interiors or exterior plastic, it only happens on painted sections. Please help, thanks.

Re: X-Press Spray Wax leaving smears/streaks

I only have that problem when my towel becomes too saturated when using a single towel to wipe down the rinseless wash and applying D156 as a wax/drying aide. I would suggest carrying a 2nd towel for a "final buff" and see if that helps.

Comment

Re: X-Press Spray Wax leaving smears/streaks

How many towels are you using?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');