• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MF pads and when to add more product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MF pads and when to add more product

I've used the MF DA polishing system before and watched the videos on how to prime the pad etc. What I found though was the pad could dry out in places if you just add a further few spots of product or when you fluff the pad back up with a brush.
    Should I be completely priming the pad again everytime I fluff it back up or when it gets dry spots?

Re: MF pads and when to add more product

I prime the pad, perform the section passes, brush out, add 2 or 3 dots, and move to next panel.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
      I prime the pad, perform the section passes, brush out, add 2 or 3 dots, and move to next panel.
      Follow this and you will be fine.

If you have an air compressor then you can use that instead of a pad brush.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

A more common problem is people using too much product and the pad becoming gummed up. You are using the pad continuously in your polishing session and not setting it down for an hour or two while you go have dinner, right?

Comment

No. Not nipping for lunch mid polish, lol. Did it last week anyway and was lot better this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
            Agreed.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');