• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black car, Florida, Carport, Pollen, Dust, Hate Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black car, Florida, Carport, Pollen, Dust, Hate Life

So my daily driver is a 2012 lexus is250 obsidian black.

I live in Sarasota, Florida area and our current house only has a covered car port (only on top, front is fully exposed and right side is partially exposed, left side is the stucco). Everyday after I leave work my car looks like death. Covered in yellow (pollen?) **** and just dusty as all hell. I know being this close to the gulf of mexico comes with its disadvantages but there has to be an easier solution other than quickly washing it every damn day.

Ive read on here about something called california duster? Some guys say yeah go get it its great but one or two are "DO NOT GET THAT **** MORON" lol.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

p.s. please dont advise me on getting a non black car next time (wife tells me every day) and getting a house with a garage not a car port (i tell my wife every day)

Re: Black car, Florida, Carport, Pollen, Dust, Hate Life

Consider looking into a rinseless or waterless wash. Meguiar's offers D115 or ultimate waterless wash & wax anywhere.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Do you have an air compressor? If it's just dust/pollen, you might be able to blow it off quickly.

Comment

Used correctly, the California Duster is magic for dust and pollen. In a minute or two you can dust the entire car, without having to waterless wash or use a compressor. You just have to use the tips of the duster, and do not use pressure. Go on youtube and check out proper procedure. There is a great one with a guy dusting a black 'vette. My cars are black and I have used my duster for years, and it has not created scratches or swirls. The people who say don't buy one, just don't know how to use them properly.

Comment

Be happy you don't live in the Northeast, where just about every car looks worse than yours from November to April!
          2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
          2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
          2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');