• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black leather with red stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black leather with red stitching

Hello everyone. I have 2015 Camry with black leather and ultrasuede seats. The stitching on the leather part of the seats is red, same with the steering wheel. I have been using Lexol leather conditioner, and over the last 2 years the stitching on the seats and wheel have darkened quite a bit. They are dark red now. On the vinyl dash, which also has stitching, I use the Meguiars Ultimate or regular interior detailer and it looks perfect. Is there a way to clean the stitching to restore it to bright red like the dash, and is there another leather product I can use that won't darken the stitching? Thanks

Re: Black leather with red stitching

I've used Leather Masters cleaner with good results.

Comment

Check your owners manual for interior leather cleaning and care. It states:

Wipe off any excess dirt and dust with a soft cloth dampened with diluted detergent.
      Use a diluted water solution of approximately 5% neutral wool detergent.
      Wring out any excess water from the cloth and thoroughly wipe off
      all remaining traces of detergent.

Comment

There is a lot of dirt that touches a steering wheel!! Tons more than would ever get on your dash. Those two are tough to compare. The drivers seat as well will see more action than any other part of your seats. It's perfectly natural to see these areas change over time (darken) since they are in almost constant contact with your hands and your jeans. That sounds obvious but the part we don't often think of is all that extra wear and tear removes the protection on the surface. The clear protective coating on your leather seats will degrade faster, and the protection you've applied personally will degrade faster, than any other area. Keeping a drivers area of a daily driver perfect is ALMOST impossible. Enjoy the drive!

Comment

I would try an All Purpose Cleaner (APC), but it may ultimately come down to what HCAD says. Unfortunately that's life with red stitching.

Another thought, does anyone know if Folex is safe on leather? Trying to think of a "fabric" cleaner that's also safe on leather. The thread is likely 100% polyester or nylon.
          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');