Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Advice is Needed

          
  1. #11
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Not great deal for removing swirls/scratches...So, I have switched to Sonax Polish and Wax Nano Pro Color (black)...It definitely performed better as far as it has filled into the micro scratches ...So, of course the scratches are still there, but at least they are less visible...

    My conclusion is that it is very hard if not impossible to remove even fine scratches when working by hand, especially when it comes to dark colored paints...So, I think I will switch to machine polisher...

    Quote Originally Posted by pengmalups View Post
    Hey man. Let me know if Sonax did the trick. I want to try that product too.

  2. #12
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgi12 View Post
    Not great deal for removing swirls/scratches...So, I have switched to Sonax Polish and Wax Nano Pro Color (black)...It definitely performed better as far as it has filled into the micro scratches ...So, of course the scratches are still there, but at least they are less visible...

    My conclusion is that it is very hard if not impossible to remove even fine scratches when working by hand, especially when it comes to dark colored paints...So, I think I will switch to machine polisher...
    thanks for the feedback man. too bad we don't have that product here in the Philippines.

  3. #13
    Registered Member ffboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    manila, philippines
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Just a quick input here, if you want to use pre-wax product with fillers, a glaze or pure polish will help. Glazes/Pure Polishes should also add more depth (making your already shiny BMW better). Pure polishes would be Deep Crystal Pure Polish or M07 Show Car Glaze. These can be applied by hand with considerably less effort than UC or UP, but must be removed while wet, not to be allowed to dry to a haze. Used as directed, any of these will make your car's paint look richer and deeper, and make those micro-scratches less visible.

    An additional step, but in my experience, definitely worth it.

  4. #14
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Thank

    Just a small questions: How it differs from ultimate polish?

  5. #15
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Advice is Needed

    And, one more: I have already purchased DA polisher. So, I will be working with machine. My plans are following:

    Plan A

    1. Wash

    2. No claying as far as car was clayed 2 weeks ago and paint was cleaned with P21 S paintwork cleanser

    3. Ultimate Polish

    4. Ultimate Wax

    5. P21 s carnauba wax

    Plan B

    Just the same, but if Ultimate polish will be ineffective in removing swirls, I thought to use UC before UP and than follow up with the same steps of waxing

    So, here is my question: Where can I fit the Deep crystal polish in those plans?

    For example, does it make sense to use DCP after UP?

  6. #16
    Registered Member drumdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgi12 View Post
    And, one more: I have already purchased DA polisher. So, I will be working with machine. My plans are following:

    Plan A

    1. Wash

    2. No claying as far as car was clayed 2 weeks ago and paint was cleaned with P21 S paintwork cleanser

    3. Ultimate Polish

    4. Ultimate Wax

    5. P21 s carnauba wax

    Plan B

    Just the same, but if Ultimate polish will be ineffective in removing swirls, I thought to use UC before UP and than follow up with the same steps of waxing

    So, here is my question: Where can I fit the Deep crystal polish in those plans?

    For example, does it make sense to use DCP after UP?
    You won't need the Deep Crystal Polish after Ultimate Polish.

    Ultimate Polish is heavy in polishing oils, similar to those in DCP. You could, but it would be redundant.

  7. #17
    Registered Member ffboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    manila, philippines
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by drumdan View Post
    You won't need the Deep Crystal Polish after Ultimate Polish.

    Ultimate Polish is heavy in polishing oils, similar to those in DCP. You could, but it would be redundant.
    Plus Ultimate Polish has a very small amount of cleaners (very mild abrasives), unlike DC Polish or M07 which are pure polishes. Maybe just 2 passes with the Ultimate Polish would be sufficient.

  8. #18
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Hi guys,

    So I am back with some updates. I have used ultimate polish with DA polisher...car looks great...Ultimate Polish has removed most of the swirls/scratches...most but not all....So, I do not want to use ultimate compound....So, I need your advice: I am thinking of using Poorboys Black Hole Glaze to mask any remaining swirls and then follow with Ultimate Paste or Liquid Wax.

    Do you think that it's a good idea to cover Black Hole with UW? Are there any compatability and bonding issues? Is there any chance that UW will remove the layer of Black Hole, thus bringing swirls back?

  9. #19
    Registered Member BillyJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Advice is Needed

    I've used Black Hole repeatedly and have never noticed any issues with any wax or sealant I've applied over it. However, I wouldn't expect it to completely hide any swirls/ scratches that UP couldn't remove, so don't expect too much of it. Considering how inexpensive it is and the ease of use, BH is definitely worth a try if you are looking to gain improvement in your finish without removing any more of the paint.

    Bill

  10. #20
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Advice is Needed

    Thanks Bill,

    Yes, I do not want to remove any paint as far as really light swirls are left...So, if BH has any filling abilities, it should cover remaining swirls...I ve seen a lot of good reviews on BH, so will give a try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bit of Advice needed
    By Paul K in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 15th, 2016, 09:58 AM
  2. Much needed advice
    By rsum26 in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 19th, 2010, 09:48 AM
  3. stocking up...advice needed
    By J.S. in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM
  4. Advice Needed...
    By turbodreamer in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 16th, 2005, 03:22 PM
  5. Advice Needed
    By jfwebber in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 1st, 2004, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •