Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice is Needed

Registered Member

Re: Advice is Needed

Not great deal for removing swirls/scratches...So, I have switched to Sonax Polish and Wax Nano Pro Color (black)...It definitely performed better as far as it has filled into the micro scratches ...So, of course the scratches are still there, but at least they are less visible...

My conclusion is that it is very hard if not impossible to remove even fine scratches when working by hand, especially when it comes to dark colored paints...So, I think I will switch to machine polisher...

Quote Originally Posted by pengmalups View Post
    Hey man. Let me know if Sonax did the trick. I want to try that product too.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgi12 View Post
    Not great deal for removing swirls/scratches...So, I have switched to Sonax Polish and Wax Nano Pro Color (black)...It definitely performed better as far as it has filled into the micro scratches ...So, of course the scratches are still there, but at least they are less visible...

My conclusion is that it is very hard if not impossible to remove even fine scratches when working by hand, especially when it comes to dark colored paints...So, I think I will switch to machine polisher...
    thanks for the feedback man. too bad we don't have that product here in the Philippines.

Just a quick input here, if you want to use pre-wax product with fillers, a glaze or pure polish will help. Glazes/Pure Polishes should also add more depth (making your already shiny BMW better). Pure polishes would be Deep Crystal Pure Polish or M07 Show Car Glaze. These can be applied by hand with considerably less effort than UC or UP, but must be removed while wet, not to be allowed to dry to a haze. Used as directed, any of these will make your car's paint look richer and deeper, and make those micro-scratches less visible.

An additional step, but in my experience, definitely worth it.

Registered Member

Thank

Just a small questions: How it differs from ultimate polish?

Registered Member

And, one more: I have already purchased DA polisher. So, I will be working with machine. My plans are following:

Plan A

1. Wash

2. No claying as far as car was clayed 2 weeks ago and paint was cleaned with P21 S paintwork cleanser

3. Ultimate Polish

4. Ultimate Wax

5. P21 s carnauba wax

Plan B

Just the same, but if Ultimate polish will be ineffective in removing swirls, I thought to use UC before UP and than follow up with the same steps of waxing

So, here is my question: Where can I fit the Deep crystal polish in those plans?

For example, does it make sense to use DCP after UP?

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgi12 View Post
    And, one more: I have already purchased DA polisher. So, I will be working with machine. My plans are following:

Plan A

1. Wash

2. No claying as far as car was clayed 2 weeks ago and paint was cleaned with P21 S paintwork cleanser

3. Ultimate Polish

4. Ultimate Wax

5. P21 s carnauba wax

Plan B

Just the same, but if Ultimate polish will be ineffective in removing swirls, I thought to use UC before UP and than follow up with the same steps of waxing

So, here is my question: Where can I fit the Deep crystal polish in those plans?

For example, does it make sense to use DCP after UP?
    You won't need the Deep Crystal Polish after Ultimate Polish.

Ultimate Polish is heavy in polishing oils, similar to those in DCP. You could, but it would be redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by drumdan View Post
    You won't need the Deep Crystal Polish after Ultimate Polish.

Ultimate Polish is heavy in polishing oils, similar to those in DCP. You could, but it would be redundant.
    Plus Ultimate Polish has a very small amount of cleaners (very mild abrasives), unlike DC Polish or M07 which are pure polishes. Maybe just 2 passes with the Ultimate Polish would be sufficient.

Registered Member

Hi guys,

So I am back with some updates. I have used ultimate polish with DA polisher...car looks great...Ultimate Polish has removed most of the swirls/scratches...most but not all....So, I do not want to use ultimate compound....So, I need your advice: I am thinking of using Poorboys Black Hole Glaze to mask any remaining swirls and then follow with Ultimate Paste or Liquid Wax.

Do you think that it's a good idea to cover Black Hole with UW? Are there any compatability and bonding issues? Is there any chance that UW will remove the layer of Black Hole, thus bringing swirls back?

I've used Black Hole repeatedly and have never noticed any issues with any wax or sealant I've applied over it. However, I wouldn't expect it to completely hide any swirls/ scratches that UP couldn't remove, so don't expect too much of it. Considering how inexpensive it is and the ease of use, BH is definitely worth a try if you are looking to gain improvement in your finish without removing any more of the paint.

Bill

Registered Member

Thanks Bill,

Yes, I do not want to remove any paint as far as really light swirls are left...So, if BH has any filling abilities, it should cover remaining swirls...I ve seen a lot of good reviews on BH, so will give a try

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information