• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice is Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice is Needed

Originally posted by Giorgi12 View Post
    And, one more: I have already purchased DA polisher. So, I will be working with machine. My plans are following:

Plan A

1. Wash

2. No claying as far as car was clayed 2 weeks ago and paint was cleaned with P21 S paintwork cleanser

3. Ultimate Polish

4. Ultimate Wax

5. P21 s carnauba wax

Plan B

Just the same, but if Ultimate polish will be ineffective in removing swirls, I thought to use UC before UP and than follow up with the same steps of waxing

So, here is my question: Where can I fit the Deep crystal polish in those plans?

For example, does it make sense to use DCP after UP?
    You won't need the Deep Crystal Polish after Ultimate Polish.

Ultimate Polish is heavy in polishing oils, similar to those in DCP. You could, but it would be redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
      You won't need the Deep Crystal Polish after Ultimate Polish.

Ultimate Polish is heavy in polishing oils, similar to those in DCP. You could, but it would be redundant.
      Plus Ultimate Polish has a very small amount of cleaners (very mild abrasives), unlike DC Polish or M07 which are pure polishes. Maybe just 2 passes with the Ultimate Polish would be sufficient.

Comment

Hi guys,

So I am back with some updates. I have used ultimate polish with DA polisher...car looks great...Ultimate Polish has removed most of the swirls/scratches...most but not all....So, I do not want to use ultimate compound....So, I need your advice: I am thinking of using Poorboys Black Hole Glaze to mask any remaining swirls and then follow with Ultimate Paste or Liquid Wax.

Do you think that it's a good idea to cover Black Hole with UW? Are there any compatability and bonding issues? Is there any chance that UW will remove the layer of Black Hole, thus bringing swirls back?

Comment

I've used Black Hole repeatedly and have never noticed any issues with any wax or sealant I've applied over it. However, I wouldn't expect it to completely hide any swirls/ scratches that UP couldn't remove, so don't expect too much of it. Considering how inexpensive it is and the ease of use, BH is definitely worth a try if you are looking to gain improvement in your finish without removing any more of the paint.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Yes, I do not want to remove any paint as far as really light swirls are left...So, if BH has any filling abilities, it should cover remaining swirls...I ve seen a lot of good reviews on BH, so will give a try

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');