• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC is not good for cleaning tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC is not good for cleaning tires

I'm a regular person. I was using Meguiar hot rims wheel and tire cleaner and it works good, but at that price is not cheap, also HOW CONVENIENT that they designed it in a way that you CANNOT open the sprayer, so you dilute it with water if you need to.

I thought I had a found a replacement with the APC since I saw it used on youtube, I tried at the 10/1 and non diluted, it does not clean tires too well, not even close to Meguiar hot rims, but this meguiar is super expensive, i ran out of it in a couple weeks, max 3 weeks, because you're using on both wheels and tires

is there any other alternative that is similar to hot rims, that can clean as well as hot rims, that can be as hot as hot rims?

I figure the degreaser would do better

Re: APC is not good for cleaning tires

To the best of my knowledge, D143 Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner is pretty much the same as the Hot Rims, just in a way bigger quantity and it can be diluted.

I was surprised to find the same thing as you, that an APC (APC+, in my case) just didn't do as good of a job as Hot Rims. I guess it makes sense, if you think about it. APC is made to clean a lot of things well. Anything wheel and tire-specific is made to clean one thing, and one thing only, well.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
      To the best of my knowledge, D143 Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner is pretty much the same as the Hot Rims, just in a way bigger quantity and it can be diluted.

I was surprised to find the same thing as you, that an APC (APC+, in my case) just didn't do as good of a job as Hot Rims. I guess it makes sense, if you think about it. APC is made to clean a lot of things well. Anything wheel and tire-specific is made to clean one thing, and one thing only, well.
      Yeah, I thought I had found the solution to all my problems with the APC. I thought it would be as good as the hot rims, because it "foams" lol

I will continue using hot rims for a while, only on the tires, and the APC on the wheels. It works ok on the wheels, but the tires need something stronger. I don't dress my tires, so I don't really need a degreaser. Either way, I could buy super degreaser, dilute it, and it would probably work just as good as hot rims.

Comment

D143 is the way to go as previously stated. It does a better job at cleaning tires compared to APC.

If you get the matching detailers line bottle for D143 the hot rims sprayer works very well with it.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I can't stand that you can't open the sprayer. I wouldn't want to dilute it, but once I had a sprayer go bad. Things got fairly mangled as I worked to get the sprayer off. I wasn't going to not use the rest of the bottle (just a bit less than half remained.)

Comment

Originally posted by rqk View Post
            I can't stand that you can't open the sprayer. I wouldn't want to dilute it, but once I had a sprayer go bad. Things got fairly mangled as I worked to get the sprayer off. I wasn't going to not use the rest of the bottle (just a bit less than half remained.)
            Channel locks work fine to remove the sprayer off the bottle of hot rims.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

I am a regular person also. When my wheels/tires get bad enough (rarely) that regular car wash will not do the trick, dishwashing liquid is my go to product. Cheap and always under the sink. Just keep it off your waxed surfaces.
              As for being unable to open the sprayer, I have no clue why manufacturers do that. I like to get that last ounce that will not spay, and pour it into the new bottle. As the Guz says, channel locks or vice grips are the answer.

Comment

I use D101 at a 1:1 ratio. I also use a foaming squirt bottle and I like the results. Search youtube for "d101 tires" and you will see several helpful videos - at least they were for me.

Stew

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');