• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand

I see a lot of people on the forum saying things like after clay they polish>seal>wax. I plan on foaming>rinse>two bucket method>clay towel>ultimate polish>(maybe show care glaze #7, my car is pearl white)>NXT to seal>wax (need recommendations). When I called Meguair's they said NXT and Ultimate Wax is the same type of product with Ultimate being superior. So if Ultimate is a wax, why is everyone coating after Ultimate/NXT? Help me out. I'm probably making this harder than it should.
    Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Re: Help me understand

From my experience and reading threads, NXT gives you a more candy coated look. It's often used with metallic paint where other waxes are used more on non metallic paints. Depends on what colour your paint is and what kind of look you're going for. A synthetic like NXT will make the metallic pop while carnauba will make flat look liquid. Ultimate I believe also is more durable then NXT. It might come down to trying different waxes to find what you like. If you describe what your end goal is I'm sure someone can recommend the right products.
    09 Ford Explorer Limited AWD

Comment

I guess I could say I want a "reflective" wet look. I know white/pearl doesn't reflect like dark colors. But that's what I like. A great shine.
      Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

It's all personal preference as to top a sealant with a wax. Both NXT and Ultimate Wax are sealants. So they are the same type of product. Ultimate Wax contains newer polymers which make it more durable and longer lasting compared to NXT. Both do a great job.

I would skip M7. It's not beneficial on clear coats. Ultimate Polish is more than enough to add gloss.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

So what wax do you recommend topping it off with?

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
            That is completely up to you if you want to top either NXT or UW with a wax. If it were me I would give either NXT or UW a final wipe with ultimate quik wax/D156.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
                I've read that some top with Gold Class Carnauba Plus, or M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, which is also Carnauba based, and my preferred "topper".

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');