• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melted crayon in carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melted crayon in carpet

What are some ways to get it out? I know that all won't but would like to get most out if I can. I have now banned crayons from the car.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
    1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
    1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
    1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
    1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Re: Melted crayon in carpet

Try "chewing gum remover."

Probably the best place to pick it up would be a janitorial supply store.

Good luck...

Bill

Comment

I was going to suggest using an iron and a piece of cloth. Put the piece of cloth over the crayon and carefully (starting low heat) warm the cloth to melt the crayon and get it off with the cloth. But I hadn't ever tried it and wasn't sure if it would work. I still don't know from experience, but in the "Similar Threads" section I saw this thread: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...69FEJgWKTVF.97

I love the "Similar Threads" section.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes, whichever method you use! I think Bill's idea is good as well.
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

I never seen similar thread section; will look for it next time. thanks for the suggestions! today I tried to scrape off as much off the top of the carpet as I could. It's still cold in Idaho so when we get a heat wave over freezing I will try your suggestions. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.
        2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
        1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
        1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
        1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
        1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

The "Similar Threads" section is below the quick reply on each thread (scroll down almost to the bottom of the page - this page, or any other thread). Interestingly, it seems to find more relevant posts than the "Search" feature does. The downside of course is that you have to post a thread to be able to see it. So you could search, not find what you're looking for, post a thread, then find an answer in the "Similar Threads" section. I'm not complaining - I understand any technology has it's limitations. Search does a good job, as does "Similar Threads". Both are handy.
          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');