• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most vaccums ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most vaccums ****

I'm tired of going to the gas station and using their vacuums. They have power, but it doesn't get into the crannies and spots where most of the dust gets collected. Also, is $1.25 for some lousy 4 minutes. Most of them only accept quarters. I found one that accepts both 1 dollar bills and quarters.

I vacuum once a week. Let's do the math here. $60 a year. I could buy a vacuum for that, the problem is that I live in an apartment and I have nowhere to connect it, so it would have to a cigarette socket one. Those are terrible, but it seems the only way to vacuum those unreachable places.

Problem is there are so many options on amazon, you feel overwhelmed and don't know which one is the best for the money.

I figure I could use a 50 feet extension cord, but there are many reviews that say these products are not powerful enough and don't pick up much of anything, so I don't know. I may buy a small one for the difficult to reach places and keep using the gas station one once a week

Re: Most vaccums ****

Forget the 12v car-powered ones. If you absolutely have to go cordless, look at some of the vacs sold by the cordless tool companies, such as Dewalt or Milwaukee. You mentioned a 50 ft. extension cord. Do you have access to 110 volt power? If so, the choices are endless. Powr-Flite's 5 gal. unit has unbelievable specs, but even a small Rigid or Craftsman from Home Depot or Sears is a lot better than anything cordless and far less expensive. Just don't cheap out on the extension cord. Get a 14 ga. or 12 ga. cord for best performance.

Bill

Comment

I have a Audi A6 and i love my car more than my girlfriend....

One of my friend told me about the cordless vacuum cleaner. I have tried this and my car looks perfectly clean and shining. I don't know where it is gone and want to buy a new one, I have a rough idea it had long nozzle with wide opening.
      Plz let me know if you know about this.

Comment

I typically use my Dyson V8. It so much more convenient than my old 6.5HP ShopVac that i seldom use the shopVac for interiors now. This Dyson has around a 30-40 minute runtime which easily handles a few cars.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

I'm in agreement with Bill. My 4 hp Rigid from Home Depot is small enough to store in a closet, came with a detailing set of attachments, and has plenty of power for the average car detail. Ditto on his statement to buy a good extension cord too.

Comment

I found a car wash that gives free vaccuums to "customers" but anyone can go and use it. I used to be a customer of them, so they always see me and don't tell me anything. The vaccums are large and somewhat powerful but my problem is now getting into crevices. I would need a tiny one with small attachments, any links or recommendations?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');