• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laugh all you want but this is a serious question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laugh all you want but this is a serious question......

Ok, I'm short. Blame my parents because they're Asian. Can some of you experienced detailers give me tips on how to do roofs on SUV's and vans while still maintaining proper techniques with a DA and rotary? And without damaging paint if leaning over? I'm visualizing that happening if using a short ladder. haha

Thanks.

Re: Laugh all you want but this is a serious question......

Take a look at Home Depot, Lowes type stores for short scaffolding. I know there are some that are about 2-4 feet tell and 3-4 long.

I'm trying to actually remember the brand name, but the mind hasn't locked on yet (old age?).

Myself, I use a wooden 4' ladder with the long legs wrapped in old bath towels. Not pretty, but takes the worry out of wacking the side of a vehicle.

Bill

Comment

Re: Laugh all you want but this is a serious question......

watch sale ads for the aluminum work platforms. I got mine on sale. I also use a ladder "step stool". The one with three steps and a platform and the handrail is extended above the platform.

Similar too Bill Ive wrapped a round foam pipe insulation called "armaflex" tubular pipe insulation around the legs of the ladder. If I bump the car, damage is minimal. However, bumping the toes of your shoes against the car will scratch the paint, be careful.

Also wear a soft work apron. I found a microfiber one. Just watch out for your belt buckle...!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');