• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax Runny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Liquid Wax Runny?

Hi all,
    This is probably my first post here.

I have Ultimate liquid wax stored for the last 4 years. It's been kept in the shade out of the heat and it's not been frozen. I have about half a bottle left. I gave it a good shake. It looks like it's mixed but it's just runny (a bit like runny yogurt). I am wondering whether it is safe to try it on my car?

I also have Ultimate compound and polish. It's stored in the same place. The compound came very thick and can't be poured out. The polish is very runny like wax. I'm not too worried about the compound and polish since I have about half an inch left in the bottle. For the wax I still have half a bottle left.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax Runny?

It may be time for a new bottle of ultimate wax. Seems like the age got to it. You could try adding a stainless steel bearing or nut into the bottle to see if it will thicken back up again with a good shake.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

sweeris,

I can tell you that I've used ULW after 3 years- and it was indeed a bit runny. However, I used it, and it turned out fine. Same durability as usual, same look. I would probably say that it's "out of date" but I'll leave that determination to the experts here.

Comment

HI Guys,

It seems that I have the same issue.

I have bought ULW about a year ago. Did not use it around 6 months. The bottle was stored properly, in normal temperatures (not too hot and not too cold). I have decided to use it yesterday and I noticed that it does not smell the way it used when I first used it. It has like a watery smell. As for the liquid itself, I won't say that it is too much watery. It still looks o.k, but may be a little bit watery. I shake the bottle well.

So, here come my questions:

1. Is it normal that ULW loses the smell it normally has and becomes more watery smelling?

2. Is it safe to use ?

3. Would you recommend to buy Ultimate Paste Wax and avoid using the ULW that I have?

4. Will UPW have longer shelf life and is it better in durability and appearance than the liquid wax?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');