• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Speed Rotary Buffer + UC. What pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Speed Rotary Buffer + UC. What pad?

AS the title suggests, I have a slow speed Rotary Buffer. Ultimate Compound. But confused on the pads.
    There are way too many types of Pads for me to understand and select. Car colour is Black. Toyota. I can get LC pads locally.
    Also, I will coating with it CQuartz afterwards.
    Also want to make sure, that UC doesnt only cover the scratches or swirls, but actually remove them. So I can apply Cquartz later on after wiping it down (any oils left behind)

Re: Slow Speed Rotary Buffer + UC. What pad?

Pad choice will depend on the amount of cut you need. If you post up some pictures showing the condition of the paint I can give you a solid recommendation. Also what size backing plate are you using?

Ultimate Compound most definitely removes defects and does not fill.

Since you are using a rotary, and dealing with black paint I would recommend following up with a polish like M205 or ultimate polish to refine things. Otherwise when you coat with CQuartz any defects (rotary buffer marks) will be locked in.

Something I highly recommend as your final step is CarPro Essence. This is a light polish and primer for CQuartz and will save you the tedious step of wiping down the car multiple times after compounding and saves you the step of polishing.
    Though I need to double check if that can be applied by rotary... A rotary may not work the best with it.

Here are my steps prior to coating a vehicle:

Wash using Iron-X snow foam to decontaminate
    Clay
    Compound (wiping off compound after each section) Pad choice depends on level of correction needed.
    Polish with CarPro Essence. I use Meg's yellow polishing pads for this step. Wipe off after each section. Essence doesn't do well with long buffing cycles. 2-3 Section passes with it and be done.
    Apply CQuartz

Comment

Re: Slow Speed Rotary Buffer + UC. What pad?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Some scratches here and there. Haziness. Plus too much swirls.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');