• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any detailers done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any detailers done this?

Has anyone ever used their polisher to remove hard water spots on shower glass doors in a home? If so, what product did you use and did you use a rotary or DA?

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Has any detailers done this?

The problem I see is the strength and structural support of the glass would make it difficult to buff with a machine. Too flexible to push against. In addition, glass doors would lack that ingredient that "cooks" water spots, sunlight. The deposits are not baked on like those on a car. Should be easier to remove. So there are many residential type cleaners to use that would be effective, such as one called "CLR". Even just using vinegar could be effective.

Just as a warning, do not mix chemicals. Read labels to avoid creating a mixture that can release hazardous fumes, including a form of chlorine gas. Also make sure the glass is glass, not plastic. And be careful not to damage metal or plastic frames surrounding the glass with harsh chemical. Read the labels.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Re: Has any detailers done this?

Thanks for reply. I can't remember the last time I was a fan of CLR. I just realized there are many types of shower glass doors....i.e. sliding type. The one my friend has is a fixed frame type in the back of their shower. I do understand what you're saying about structural support though.

During my research, I read somewhere about someone using the heavy cut cleaner with success. I'll try using that first by hand and if it works...I'll try it with a Porter Cable on low speed setting next.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');