• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Dressing when Parking in Dirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Dressing when Parking in Dirt?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a good solution for putting tire dressing on a vehicle that is not parked on pavement? The application itself isn't so much of a problem, as I could apply it in a parking lot somewhere (although if you have any suggestions for applying it while parked in the grass/dirt that would be nice too). The main problem is how quickly the tire dressing will get dirty. I would tend to think to just apply a light coat, let it soak in for a little, and wipe the majority of it off but wanted to see what you all have found to work well.

Thanks!
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Re: Tire Dressing when Parking in Dirt?

I have a couple suggestions for you on this to help you out.

The first is use a product that driest to the touch. Something like Megs Ultimate Black, or Tire coating.

My second recommendation, and I do this on dry pavement as well is do the top portions of the tire, then move the car forward or backwards enough to be able to do the other side of the tire so it is no longer in the dirt. This also allows for even coverage.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'll give Ultimate Black a try on the tires. I've only used it a couple times and have had some issues with streaking but haven't played around with it much. Makes sense with moving the vehicle too.

Thanks again!
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

You could also try driving the tire onto a piece of cardboard. That would put a barrier between the tire and whatever you're parked on. THEN move the car forward or backward a bit to make sure the "bottom" of the tire is properly coated.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');