• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still New to MOL so I'm hoping this is the right place to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still New to MOL so I'm hoping this is the right place to ask...

I'm getting product information overload as I read through various areas of MOL. But that's not your guys' problem. haha I do want to try the D151 but does it come in anything smaller than a gallon?? I've searched for any info on here and can't seem to find anything less than a gallon.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Still New to MOL so I'm hoping this is the right place to ask...

It is only available in the gallon size. If you would like to try a cleaner wax that can do the same type of job then white wax would be a good choice.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

So white wax isn't just for white cars?

Comment

Correct, use as you would use any cleaner wax.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by P-Shooter View Post
          So white wax isn't just for white cars?
          That is correct. Any cleaner wax can be used on any color. This is part of a marketing thing to target those that have light colored vehicles as light colored vehicles benefit more from a cleaner wax that offers more cleaning ability than polishing ability. Black wax is the opposite. It is marketed towards those that own darker colored vehicles as they benefit more from the polishing oils within the wax. It still offers the cleaning properties but it is not as potent as white wax.

Both white wax and black wax contain SMAT abrasives as does D151. The cleaner wax can be pad dependent on a dual action polisher. Meaning I could take white wax and use it with a cutting pad to take advantage of the abrasives within the product to give me more cut. Or I could use a polishing pad if I just wanted to give the paint a light polish.

This graphic should help.

Here is an example of a black F150 I did with white wax.

99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Oh thank you! That graphic and your link to the F150 helped a lot in understanding. Appreciate the info!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');