• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems like the NXT Generation Car wash removes Paint protect 365 and Sealant 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seems like the NXT Generation Car wash removes Paint protect 365 and Sealant 2.0

Originally posted by Nicholas Winn View Post
    Totally understand! Do you have swirls & scratches which need to be addressed with Ultimate Compound? If not, Ultimate Polish is a cleaner/polish and would work to remove any existing coat of protectant on the paint.

As far the optional step to apply a second coat after 24 hours, if only light dust is on the paint, a spray detailer like our Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe will work to clean the surface to allow you to apply another coat without washing the car again.
    I think the paint on my car is really good actually.. The color is silver, so maybe not so easy to see, but it's looks good with few/none washingstripes/small swirls. I just bought it because the seller told me to use it once a year or so.. I bought Maguiars products for about 500USD ^^, But I did not get the D114 that DasBurn is refering to.. I hope the NXT Generation Car Wash would do the job.. I'll remember your advice about the detailer spray, but I didnt bay that eigther.. I think maybe just a gently wipe with a dry and clean mf should work, if the car has been inside the same garage all the time, no?

DasBurninator:

Yes, we use a lot of salt on the road here.. Heavy on the paint.. Get so rusty sometimes, so I will work on the underpart close to Christmas, removing all the plastic underneeth and apply some heavy duty stuff under it.. However, seems to me that you suggest that I use the PP365 istead of the more expencive M21. It is more easy to put on as well, so I guess Ill try that. I have a "JetSeal" from Cemical Guys as well, maybe I should put that head-to-head with PP365. PP365 should stay as the winner in the long run because the jetseal is durable for only 6 mounts..

Comment

Re: Seems like the NXT Generation Car wash removes Paint protect 365 and Sealant 2.0

Daniel, for what it is worth, I tested PP365 over the course of a year. I live in an area that get a decent amount of snow and we use Magnesium Chloride in place of salt. It tends to eat away at protection a bit quicker.

Don't let the price of PP365 confuse you about the performance of the product. It does an excellent job with that.

This is after about 8-9 months of PP365 being on the vehicle. Pics were taken in the middle of winter after cleanup from a snow storm.

Comment

Impressive! Looks like my kind of sealant

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');