• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam suggestion

Hey fellas it's been awhile. I've recently invested in a gas pressure washer and foam cannon. I've tried a few soaps but yet to find that thick, shaving cream type foam I see on YouTube. Below is what I've been getting. Does anyone have suggestions on what to use?
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Re: Foam suggestion

Meg's Hyperwash works very well for foaming

keep in mind the dilution you use will vary from soap to soap. You may have to play with it a little bit to get the foam you are looking for.

Comment

3 oz of Hyperwash in a foam cannon works well (and that is with my 1800 psi electric). I find that 3-3.5 oz of Gold Class produces the same amount of foam but has more lubricity about it. If you want more foam, you need more soap regardless of what product you use.

Comment

Also make sure your metering is set correctly on the foam cannon.

Comment

Yea, I have it set to as high as it will go. Thought about buying hyper wash but was also considering snow foam too.
          Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

I think you would have to check another brand for a real shaving cream kind... I dont know that Meguiars ones are really designed to go that far.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I think you would have to check another brand for a real shaving cream kind... I dont know that Meguiars ones are really designed to go that far.
              Why? I have no problem getting shaving cream style foam out of HyperWash.

Edit:
              To clarify, I don't mean to say others don't have products that work better for foaming, but Megs products will do it just fine and in general are a bit more cost effective than a dedicated foam type soap.
              Last edited by DasBurninator; Dec 2, 2016, 11:02 AM. Reason: adding

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
                Hey fellas it's been awhile. I've recently invested in a gas pressure washer and foam cannon. I've tried a few soaps but yet to find that thick, shaving cream type foam I see on YouTube. Below is what I've been getting. Does anyone have suggestions on what to use?
                https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                the mirror bright soap is pretty good, im going to buy again next time im at autozone. i also have a foam cannon and pressure washer, mines electric though

Comment

I mean Meguiars doesnt design for it.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have noticed that the type of water you use is also very important. I had to use regular tap water here a couple of times in the past (it's very 'hard' water) and the results are very disappointing, it's just soapy water that comes out of the nozzle. If I use filtered rain water with the same dilution ratio and mixing settings, I get the very thick foam that you see in all the video's.
                    As far as the product goes, I've used several ones from Megs and some other brands already and the results are comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
                      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                      just hammer it you have to use more then an ounce of soap if you want thick foam. use like 6 ounces and you will get think foam. thats what i do. i just did it with the miguiars gold class shampoo in my foam gun friday. i prob used more the 6 ounces to be honest, just slam it in there dont be stingy

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');