• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Use ultimate polish vs paint cleaner every 3months prior to a new sealant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Use ultimate polish vs paint cleaner every 3months prior to a new sealant???

HELLO from INDONESIA..

This is my 1st post in this forum..

First of all, Meguiar's ROCKS!
    I love ultimate wax, M26(its so rare in Indonesia, therefore its so expensive here), Gold class carnauba, Last touch detailer, Xpress spray wax, Gold class carwash and so on and on..
    Meguiar's produce a lot of user friendly products, thats what made me chose Meguiar.

To all detailing enthusiast and experts, I need some insights here..
    I've read some posts on this issue, but I cant find the answer I need.

My situation currently:
    I have "gloss enchancing P21S paint cleanser" and "Meguiars Ultimate Polish."

My plan is to wax/seal about every 3 months or so.
    My car is a 2015 black Honda CRV if that helps, and I'm sure this car's paint is categorize as typical Japanese soft paint, definitely definitely not a hard paint.
    I currently only wish to apply by hand with Meguiar's yellow standard foam applicator pads.
    I have no rotary/DA skills at all.

So the main topic:

I've read opinions by several detailing forums, many indicating that: if you're going to go through the trouble of applying something before a wax/sealant to cleanse the paint, why not use a fine or ultra fine cut polish as it will also correct very minor defects+cleanse the paint..I definitely can understand their point.

My concern:
    1. For maximum protection of the CRV clear coat, wouldn't something essentially non-abrasive such as P21s paint cleanser be ideal? My car's paint current state have only minor minor defects. Any
    Thoughts on this matter?

2. If I'm using ultimate polish+Meguiar yellow foam applicator pad + work by hand, can I cause marring or hazing or swirl into my CRV black paint?
    Because I dont want to make new defects into my car's paint, but I also understand that ultimate polish contain abrasives..but I also note that ultimate polish contain polishing oils.

3. If I choose to use ultimate polish and finally Ultimate wax/NXT...prior to ultimate polish should I use P21S paint cleanser or any paint cleaner, just to strip all the previous waxes/sealants???
    or does ultimate polish can perform well on this "old LSP stripping" task?

4. Can i use ultimate polish as a dedicated paint cleaner that can function to "strip all the old wax/sealant" while simultaneously "expecting the rich polishing oil to nourish the paint", but at the same time "not causing a new light scratch/light swirl to the black paint."

Long story short my ultimate goal is this:
    *I'm not expecting to correct swirl at all, therefore I'm not hoping to create a new one too in this process.
    *I just want to strip all the old layer of wax before applying a new coat of wax/sealant, but I also want to nourish my paint with polishing oil prior to applying LSP such as Meguiar Ultimate or NXT or Meg Gold class carnauba plus.

I hope all the friendly experienced guys here, also especially Mr Michael Stoops..Mr Mike Phillips, or the other Meguiar's experts can help to clarify me on this matter..

Thank You For Your Kind attention

Best Regards.

Re: Should I Use ultimate polish vs paint cleaner every 3months prior to a new sealan

Hello Guys..

Need some help here with my situation..Please???

Comment

Re: Should I Use ultimate polish vs paint cleaner every 3months prior to a new sealan

Welcome to MOL

Originally posted by Jepp85 View Post

1. For maximum protection of the CRV clear coat, wouldn't something essentially non-abrasive such as P21s paint cleanser be ideal? My car's paint current state have only minor minor defects. Any thoughts on this matter?
      Either product will work. The benefit of ultimate polish is the abrasives in the product correcting defects either by hand or machine. Of course benefits are better with a machine.

2. If I'm using ultimate polish+Meguiar yellow foam applicator pad + work by hand, can I cause marring or hazing or swirl into my CRV black paint?
      Because I dont want to make new defects into my car's paint, but I also understand that ultimate polish contain abrasives..but I also note that ultimate polish contain polishing oils.
      The best advice I can give is to recommend a test spot with ultimate polish. Let the paint tell you what it likes.

3. If I choose to use ultimate polish and finally Ultimate wax/NXT...prior to ultimate polish should I use P21S paint cleanser or any paint cleaner, just to strip all the previous waxes/sealants???
      or does ultimate polish can perform well on this "old LSP stripping" task?
      Ultimate Polish will remove a wax or sealant with the abrasives within the product.

4. Can i use ultimate polish as a dedicated paint cleaner that can function to "strip all the old wax/sealant" while simultaneously "expecting the rich polishing oil to nourish the paint", but at the same time "not causing a new light scratch/light swirl to the black paint."
      The short answer is yes. But at the same time let the test spot tell you what the paint likes.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');