• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be mixing car wash products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be mixing car wash products?

I love all my Megs washes. Currently, I use Gold Class to pre-soak, and Mirror Bright or UWAW in my bucket. Is it okay, is it an advantage, is it a detriment, or does it matter if I sometimes mix UWAW in with my Mirror Bright? Should I use either or, even in my pre-soak?

I find it hard to choose. I love all 3. But if there are better times than not to use one or the other, or if there are advantages to using just one, please share. I realize it may be juvenile to think that I'll get the best of both worlds by mixing the two, or that I'm simply wasting product because the results aren't easily visually quantifiable, but I care about protection as much as looks.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Re: Should I be mixing car wash products?

I think mixing them is great. I haven't used the MB shampoo, but now always mix UWW and GC. I also use way more than is "recommended", for a very sudsy and soapy wash. Go for it
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I mix all the time especially when I have two products on the go and both are 1/2 full will combine them

Comment

Dudes...

Man, I use a ton of product, lol...I never even try to measure! I wondered if that was a thing as well. It could be in my head, but using GC on the presoak and then mixing Mirror Bright w/the UWW for my wash KILLS when I top it off with MB detail spray afterwards. I use UWWA as a detailer, so for me, the combination just looks fantastic on my vehicle. People who walk past my house daily and happen to catch me outside talk about how the car shines. My neighbor came out of her house after she caught a sunlight reflection in her window and though that someone was on her porch. It's crazy. My car is a metallic billet silver, my Megs regiment seems to be pretty boss..

Comment

Awesome! Don't ever lose that feeling
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');