• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member help! Question about Paint Protect & Ultimate Paste Wax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member help! Question about Paint Protect & Ultimate Paste Wax!

Any And All Comments Welcome!
    I bought a bottle of Paint Protect mainly because it is classified as a "sealer" or at least that was my assumption. i also bought Ultimate Paste wax, thinking it could be used as a "finishing" wax. I obviously am a believer in "layering" I emailed Meguiars asking them if this process would be "good", received a response basically saying, it would be OK, BUT the Paint protect would remove the UPW, and vice versa. So it would be redundant. I was very shocked at this. I have been trying to find out why, with no response. Does anyone else agree, that the UPW would remove the Paint Protect? If so, any recommendations for a "finishing wax? Anyone else use layering with Paint Protect? I did read somewhere that Paint Protect contains a form of mineral spirits? Does Ultimate Paste Wax contain ANY cleaners, polishers, anything like that? Has anyone else layered Paint Protect? I am getting ready for a Chicago winter, although its been mild, Im not going to complain! I am looking for great protection and a nice shine. I have a tri coat pearl metallic white paint. Thank you all!

Re: New member help! Question about Paint Protect & Ultimate Paste Wax!

First off welcome to MOL.

Paint Protect and Ultimate Wax are both sealants. The word wax is used on ultimate wax because the average consumer relates better to wax versus the term sealant. You would essentially be using two similar products that do the same thing which is protect paint.

I can not answer the technical question with regards to paint protect as that is a question for the chemist(s). Ultimate Wax is considered a polish wax. Meaning it contains a little non-abrasive polish. Will it remove PP365, maybe a little. Hard to really say.

My recommendation would be to add a double coat of Paint Protect and be done. Or one coat of PP365 followed by D156/Ultimate Quik Wax and be done. Maintain with D165/UQW and you will be just fine.

Seeing as your paint is white, you will not notice a difference between using ultimate wax or PP365. I've done testing side by side between M21, Ultimate Wax and PP365 on silver paint and there was no noticeable difference in appearance.

Once you top PP365 with something, you will see the performance of the topper and not not the "base" layer. If you really have to top with a finishing wax them M26 would be a product to use.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

You could layer with one coat of each, but as The Guz suggests, I too would say pick one and use it for your coat(s) of wax.

Comment

Thank you for the replies! I am still shocked that Meguiars said Ultimate wax, although now I know its a sealant, said it would remove PP365! after seeing the layering technique suggested, I will give that a try, again thank you all! I am still going to try to get to the reason they said that!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');