• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Quik Detailer to use for claying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Quik Detailer to use for claying?

hello

i am in the process of claying, compounding, polishing and waxing my car and i'll be using mostly products from the ultimate line.

i have search for an answer to my question before starting a new thread but couldn't find it.

in Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit, there is a quik detailer and on another hand, there is the ultimate quik detailer.

i was wondering which is better for claying?

can i use the ultimate quik detailer to clay my car and then use same after waxing it?

or should i stick the the quik detailer found in the clay kit?

i already have clay bars at my disposal and microbifre towels too. So all i need is a quik detailer.

please advise which one to buy?

thanks

Re: Which Quik Detailer to use for claying?

Stick with the "regular" detailer (maroon bottle).

The Ultimate Detailer is too 'slippery' for claying.

Bill

Comment

^^ Agreed, use the one that came with the clay kit.

Comment

If you are looking for a quick detailer to use on a regular basis as well, Last Touch from the Detailer line is great and economical. Mix 1:1 with distilled water, makes a great clay lube too!

Mike
        Mike Sommer
        FirehouseDetail.com
        Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
          Stick with the "regular" detailer (maroon bottle).

The Ultimate Detailer is too 'slippery' for claying.

Bill
          manythanks

i will stick with the detailer found in the clay kit

regards

Comment

The red bottle works very well. However, you can also try the Gold Class Quik Detailer if you'd like. It works just fine and smells great. Car wash soap and water is another option too. Just make sure you cover the entire area you are claying with the soap so you reduce the chances of marring.

Comment

In my experience, as mentioned above, the Ultimate quick detailer is great for maintaining between washes, but it is a little too slippery for claying. It'll get you by in a pinch, but there are better options available.

Use the quick detailer in the maroon bottle that came in the kit. A more economical solution, what I use, is to get a gallon of Last Touch and dilute it 1:1. It cost around $20-$25 and it goes a long way.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');