• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

favorite MF towels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite MF towels?

Hi all:

When I first starting detailing my own cars decades ago, all I used were 100% cotton terry cloth white towels. Several years ago, I heard about MF towels and have since switched over to them. I have been using the bulk packs found at Walmart. They seem to do a good job for me. I use them for drying the car, removing show car glaze 7, and removing gold class liquid carnuba.

The content says 83% polyester and 17% polyamide. One side only has the microfiber tufts.

Is this a decent choice? I haven't tried any other brands. A Meguiar's Supreme Shine MF towel came in my box of Meguiar's clay but I haven't tried it out yet. Should a buy a couple three packs of the Meguiar's towels. Other recommendations?

Thanks

Re: favorite MF towels?

Never used those. I do like the supreme shine microfibers for removing compounds, polishes and waxes. The water magnet is a god drying towel as well.

The rag company has a lot of great selection of quality towels to choose from.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have used those for house cleaning and wheels. They shrink really bad and loose the fluffiness.

Walmart has some good utility micros once in awhile that are usually a yellow rag and baby blue rag bundle for $5. Other than those the rest are barely marginal.
      Costco yellows are a good budget towel for a decent price, 15 for 30.

But for microfibers that won't mar paint it's like the Guz said.

Korean towels may cost more but I feel they are softer and remain that way longer.

Comment

I have some Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile to remove polishes, and Slogger to remove sealant and wax. Kind of pricey though. I also have some Rag Company Eagle Blue Edgeless, and Creature for polish removal, and locally sourced general purpose green to remove sealant and wax.

I've been considering moving to all Supreme Shines though.

Comment

The lavender Plush Jr. MF towels make the SS microfibers feel flimsy in comparison. they are really expensive though.

Comment

I've been using the SS for removing quick detailer, works fine.

Comment

Thanks folks:

Where might I find the Madness, Slogger and Lavendar towels you mentioned? I checked The Rag Company and didn't get any hits.

What about these from The Rag Company? I like something with a somewhat short nap length so I can easily fold the towel in quarters and expose a new quarter as necessary...

The Rag Company is proud to offer a complete lineup of premium Microfiber Towels and Car Detailing Products. As the leading Retail and Wholesale Microfiber and Detailing Product Distributor we are ready to help you shine!

The Rag Company is proud to offer a complete lineup of premium Microfiber Towels and Car Detailing Products. As the leading Retail and Wholesale Microfiber and Detailing Product Distributor we are ready to help you shine!

PS... does anyone use quality 100% cotton terry towels anymore with the advent of the MF towel?

Comment

Anything over 500gsm will be super absorbent and very plushy .

FYI:
                cheap but useable towels are usually 150-200gsm
                200-300 gsm is good enough for most people
                300-450 gsm is considered 'premium quality' ,including those exotic waffle or special purpose towels
                450gsm+ is quite rare, usually double sided with special absorbing material in the middle, ideal for QD and waxing.

Comment

btw , gsm is short for grams per square meter.

The best I ever used were some 600gsm 30x70cm double sided samples made by a friend in the trade, one towel is enough to QD the entire car.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');