• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Can we consider fast finish true sealant like m20, 21, 26, nanoskin sealant, chemical guys jet seal.
    M new one in detailing and planning what additional i should buy in addition to ultimate paste wax for my new silver car

Comment

Originally posted by Adnan View Post
      Can we consider fast finish true sealant like m20, 21, 26, nanoskin sealant, chemical guys jet seal.
      M new one in detailing and planning what additional i should buy in addition to ultimate paste wax for my new silver car
      I can safely say yes, although more of a paint protection product rather than an appearance product (meaning it won't leave that nice deep, shine we're used to with traditional waxes like Ultimate Wax, NXT 2.0, M20, M21, Gold Class), strictly for protection with no cleaning or filling properties. With proper care and maintenance, Fast Finish should last.

You can actually skip the Ultimate Paste Wax, but I don't recommend skipping Ultimate Paste Wax. I would recommend good paint preparation to really maximize the results you'll get with Fast Finish.

-Wash
      -Clay
      -Paint Cleaner (like Ultimate Compound or SwirlX if needed) or Cleaner Polish (Ultimate Polish)
      -Ultimate Wax, after removing hazed wax, let cure for 8-12 hours,this will allow the polymers to cross link
      -Apply Ultimate Fast Finish

Another option after washing and claying, is to use a cleaner wax. Mirror Bright Polishing wax or White wax should work, provides more than adequate protection while cleaning your paint. In some cases, if worked into paint with proper technique, cleaner waxes may even remove minor scratches or spider webbing. Then finish it off with Ultimate Fast Finish.

If I may just share, last week, we were fortunate to have a very long weekend. A chance to detail my car once again. So I did the usual, car wash, removed tar spots stuck on the paint, clay bar, applied a cleaner-sealant (Carlack 68 Complete), Carlack 68 Long Life Sealant. Yes, I know, I used a non-Meguiar's product. But, since I have used Ultimate Fast Finish, I added another step. Since compatibility is guaranteed between most if not all Meguiar's Waxes/Sealants, I applied a coat of Deep Crystal Carnauba (nice inexpensive product), unsurprisingly, it added more shine and warmth, and finally sealed it with Ultimate Fast Finish. Looks real nice!

Comment

Thx dear for detailed response. As my car will be brand new so can i skip clay/cleaning wax after washing? Other thing is, claying is advance for me.
        I have ultimate paste wax, fast finish, ultimate quick detailer and uptimate quick wax.

Now should i apply yltimate paste wax and then apply fast finish or apply fast finish first to protect the paint and then apply ultimate paste wax to get shine and can we apply both one after other or there should be gap?

How you see
        Car color will be light silver

Comment

The great majority of new cars will still need claying. They sit outdoors for weeks or months before you receive them, so they will have a build up of contaminants.

If anything, skip one of the wax/sealant steps, but definitiely clay it IMO. So clay / UW OR clay / UFF and you're done!
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for support. Now i want to add polish for shine in my toys.
            I washed, did ultimate quick detailer next day then clayed(paint got really smooth) then ultimate paste waxed two times. At that time got tired. Next day did ultimate fast finish.

As its a new car so no swirls yet but still want to have some thing that can give gloss to my car before applying utimate wax. Plz share best option like ultimate polish/m7/m205 or anything else. Color is silver

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for support. Now i want to add polish for shine in my toys.
              I washed, did ultimate quick detailer next day then clayed(paint got really smooth) then ultimate paste waxed two times. At that time got tired. Next day did ultimate fast finish.

As its a new car so no swirls yet but still want to have some thing that can give gloss to my car before applying utimate wax. Plz share best option like ultimate polish/m7/m205 or anything else. Color is silver
              M205 would be my recommendation. M7 is a glaze that won't do much for clear coated paint. Color doesn't matter when it comes to a polish.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

.. and what is meant by clear coated paint. Shoulf we use m205 with new car as this cut the paint. Is it good to have before waxing

Comment

.. and what is meant by clear coated paint. Shoulf we use m205 with new car as this cut the paint. Is it good to have before waxing
                  Clear Coat = Modern Day Paint. M205 removes little to nothing in respect to removing paint. It is also dependent on the pad it is used with. For example using it with a cutting pad will remove more than when using it with a polishing pad. It is a good idea to follow up with a wax or sealant after polishing to lock in the look and protect the paint until it needs to be polished again.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                    The great majority of new cars will still need claying. They sit outdoors for weeks or months before you receive them, so they will have a build up of contaminants.
                    I just drove my brand new 2018 Corvette home this week and when I felt the paint with my fingers for the first time I was very impressed with how smooth it was. I definitely didn't need to use clay at all. There were only a few areas of the paint that were slightly scuffed up but instead of using my buffer I just used Scratch X 2.0 along with a small round microfiber sponge and was able to quickly get rid of those scuffs. I now have two coats of UFF on it (I waited a day in between each coat of course) and will use UQD to remove dust and add that little bit of extra shine and protection.

I also decided to use UFF on my wheels, hoping it will keep brake dust from sticking to it. Has anyone else here used UFF on their alloy wheels?
                    2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      I also decided to use UFF on my wheels, hoping it will keep brake dust from sticking to it. Has anyone else here used UFF on their alloy wheels?
                      I used UFF on the wheels of my car for the first two months. Worked fine, but my car doesn't put out brake dust like a corvette would. Only reason I don't use it now is that I had some left over from the coating I used on the car, so it went to the wheels.

Comment

I have the base model Corvette so it has different brake pads than the Z51, Z06 and Grand Sport models. Those ones put out a ton of brake dust but lucky for me the base model brake pads are very low dusting. Combine that with the fact that I'm very easy on my brakes (I could drive for a few weeks before needing to clean the rims on my last Corvette) I'm hoping that UFF will allow me to greatly reduce the amount of time I need to spend cleaning the wheels (which are a gloss black, so they'll show brake dust even less too)
                        2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

UFF worked perfectly fine for the wheels for me. I'm easy on the brakes and drive a normal car. But it was a joke how easy they were to clean. Like I said, only took it off because I happened to have extra coating left over and wanted to use it somewhere.

Comment

Here's another quick question. As mentioned, I have two coats of UFF on my new car but it's currently parked in my garage and there is a chance I might not get to drive it for a couple of months. Will the protection of UFF be just as good after all this time has passed, or does it start to deteriorate even when not exposed to the outside elements? So in other words, to get the maximum protection out of it, do I need to re apply another coat or two in the spring, or will that just be a waste of product?
                            2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

^^ I reckon it will be a waste of product.

But seeing as it's so easy to apply, it won't hurt anything if you decide to do another coat (or two!)
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I do worry about bird bombs etching my paint, since that's a real problem in the parking lot of my work, so I do want the maximum protection possible. So there is a high probability of me doing at least one more coat when the car comes out of storage But I am still curious as to whether or not the protection level goes down based on time if the car is out of the elements completely like mine is.
                                2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');