Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Thanks! With winter coming here in Ohio I'll probable go with the UQW for the longevity and maybe try the other when there won't be so much rain/snow/salt etc to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

BTW, you don't have to 'work it in,' this is a WIPE ON, WIPE OFF sealant - no real effort needed. Oh, yeah - I don't believe that a COMPATIBLE quick detailer (Meguiar's QDs would be a safe bet) would hurt anything.

When I meant working it in, I just meant that I made sure I got every part of the paint so I went over it a few times to be sure, not that I was putting a lot of pressure on it. I love how easy this stuff is to use, it's not back breaking work at all

Registered Member

My can came today! Looking forward to trying it out but I can't get a dry 24 hours for the base coat of Black Wax to cure.

I found a dry window of opportunity just now so that I could apply a coat of UFF to my daily driver (2006 Civic coupe) My question is this, during the curing process, will it harm anything if the sun is shining on it? I know that it's best to keep it dry, but I'm wondering if the hot sun can cause a problem? (it's more of a hazy sun and it's only 65 degrees here, but I'm curious for future coats that I will do) It's supposed to rain here this afternoon so I'm at least hoping maybe the hazy sun might speed up the curing process a little bit so that by the time my car gets wet it will be ok.

I'm very impressed with how good my wife's dark blue BMW looks this morning, I put just one coat of UFF on it on Monday afternoon and she has driven the car in the rain this week but the car still looks relatively clean! So UFF definitely helps prevent a lot of the dirt from sticking to the finish. I see this stuff as being like a considerably easier and considerably less expensive alternative to ceramic coating! It was definitely worth the one hour drive for me to cross the border to Niagara Falls NY to pick it up
    2005 Lemans Blue Corvette

It's completely fine to have it in the sun. Also, if it does get wet before 24 hours is up, there is a difference between some rain (water) simply falling onto the paint and running off vs. rubbing a wash mitt over the surface. Basically, the rain itself won't affect the fresh wax as much as washing it would.

Registered Member

I'm sure I've read it in this thread but I can't remember... Does UFF need to cure for 12 - 24 hours before topping with Gold Class Quik Wax?

Quote Originally Posted by SLM View Post
    Does UFF need to cure for 12 - 24 hours
    Still recommended.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Still recommended.
    Thank you sir. I appreciate the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
    It's completely fine to have it in the sun. Also, if it does get wet before 24 hours is up, there is a difference between some rain (water) simply falling onto the paint and running off vs. rubbing a wash mitt over the surface. Basically, the rain itself won't affect the fresh wax as much as washing it would.
    Thanks for the info! In the end, the sun didn't stay out for too long here, and it's just starting to lightly rain right now, so the car has stayed perfectly dry for over 6 hours so far and I don't need to drive it anywhere tonight so it's only going to get rained on, but not driven on dirty/rainy roads. The paint on this car isn't in good shape at all on the roof. Like most Civics of this era that have been neglected, the clear coat is badly peeling off, sad to say that I only polished and added a couple of coats of sealants one time, back in 2011 when I first bought the car used. But the rest of the paint still looks ok, and it's my bad weather car, so that's why I thought it could be a good test bed for UFF. I have to say that without any other prep work at all, just a wash and then straight to UFF, the paint does look noticeably shinier! More than ever now I'm convinced this is the product I'm going to use on my new 2018 Corvette when it arrives in a couple of months.
    2005 Lemans Blue Corvette

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread Information