Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    I believe the answer to this question will always be yes. Frequent maintenance of really any protectant for the paint is never a bad thing. Keep in mind, while Ultimate Fast Finish provides great gloss, we are not saying it is our absolute best product in gloss we offer. The product mainly focuses on protection. Think straight active polymers. Most all of our other waxes including Ultimate Quik Wax have polishing oils in them. These polishing oils can increase gloss significantly. This is why we are saying if you are going for the absolute best in protection & gloss, use Ultimate Fast Finish in addition to your favorite liquid or paste wax.

- Nick

Would the addition of Ultimate Liquid Wax (given that it is also a polymer sealant) on top of this be pointless/overkill? My thought was the UFF would bond best to fresh paint (following an IPA wipe down) and then adding ULW would provide additional (sacrificial) polymer protection while also providing a decent shine. Or am I completely off my rocker here?

Neo

Quote Originally Posted by Neogenesis View Post
    Would the addition of Ultimate Liquid Wax (given that it is also a polymer sealant) on top of this be pointless/overkill? My thought was the UFF would bond best to fresh paint (following an IPA wipe down) and then adding ULW would provide additional (sacrificial) polymer protection while also providing a decent shine. Or am I completely off my rocker here?

Neo
    Would not hurt to try.

Neo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Would not hurt to try.
    I tried UFF on my Camaro after a pass with Ult Polish, and it did OK. It seems to be doing better since I used D151-Paint Rejuvenating Cream (an AIO) THEN applied the UFF.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Vader Jr"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Neo
    Whether it's overkill or not would depend on you and what you're trying to achieve, how much time you have etc.

What I can say is that I've done what you've described above on my DD and it's working out well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Registered Member

So other than washing, there is no pre-treatment steps? No claying or polishing? And it can go right over Ultimate Wax to add longer protection? I waxed this Sunfire a few weeks ago but just noticed the new product. Thinking of applying it if it only takes a few minutes and if it will extend protection and beading.

I must say that to me Ultimate Fast Finish is quite a game-changer. Basically I could choose any wax or sealant, which works best on certain paint type, and just lock it for up to 1 year using UFF on top. No more worries about its durability as UFF will do the work in that regard.

Of course Ultimate Fast Finish will not make car paint bullet-proof, regular maintenance is still required, like washing, quick detailing and spray waxing.

So other than washing, there is no pre-treatment steps? No claying or polishing?

Prep work is still very important. Any wax or sealant will benefit, not only durability-wise, from claying and pre-wax polishing.

And it can go right over Ultimate Wax to add longer protection?

Absolutely. I think that was Meguiar's main idea behind that product.
    I topped already Ultimate Paste Wax and M16 Professional Paste Wax with Ultimate Fast Finish on few vehicles. No issues at all.

I waxed this Sunfire a few weeks ago but just noticed the new product.
    Btw, The Sunfire looks great. Lock the paint with UFF.

Have been using this product and liking it thus far.

Here are a couple pics of my cars that I did over the holiday weekend. Its 1 coat of M21 then sealed with 2 coats of UFF:

Registered Member

Wheel chocks when parked? Must be a Cali thing.

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    Wheel chocks when parked? Must be a Cali thing.

I jacked up the rear of the car to clean the underside. I just left the chocks in place.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information