• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze - Usage and FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze - Usage and FAQ

M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze- Usage and FAQ

Guz and I have been talking about usage of this product. It seems there is very little information out there about it at this point. I wanted to start a thread to get a discussion going with people that have experience with it, use case, and technique for the product.

As more information comes in on this product I will update the OP for a quick reference.

Michael Stoops put it well on what the product is use case is in the introduction thread for this product:
    Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    The real intent here is for those body shops who want to offer some level of protection for their customers on those fresh resprays, but with something that won't lock down the paint and prevent outgassing and certainly something that is totally safe for use in the body shop (ie, silicone free).
    Use Case

• For adding protection to fresh paint without interfering with outgassing of the paint

Application Techniques and Notes

• The product does not need to dry. This is a WOWA (Wipe On, Wipe Away) type product.
    • Unlike a liquid wax or sealant, this requires more product for application.
    • Thin application is the goal still.

To be continued with more info as the discussion starts up...

Re: M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze - Usage and FAQ

To start out the discussion portion of this, the front end of my car and the side skirts were just resprayed. I wanted to be able to have protection on the car without having any issues that could cause interference with the fresh paint. That means no silicone, and doesn't lock a sealant over the paint.

I will be tracking longevity over the course of the next few months, as I am a firm believer that paint needs to outgas and fully cure for around 90 days (most paint MFG's are around this mark if the paint is baked after application. longer if it was not baked).

I will also be experimenting with a couple different application methods. Machine, and by hand. I started off by hand. New paint means I wanted some up close and personal time with that paint to check it over.

M305 was applied to the entire car, not just the front end. I am waiting until the paint is fully cured on the front before coating the entire car.

Comment

Rained last night, so I grabbed a beading shot at the gas station.

Comment

The beading looks impressive.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          The beading looks impressive.
          Very. I'd say the beading is on par with M26 wax. Even as good as some sealants.

Hopefully it warms back up this weekend and I will wash the car and see how sheeting behavior is.

Comment

Here is a quick video of M305 water sheeting behavior.
            This is "M305 Water Sheeting Behavior" by TheBurninator on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

I never saw the effects of 305, that's pretty cool.

Comment

We actually had some rain in Southern California. Beading on one week old M305.

Vertical panels also look pretty good

99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Took this video last weekend when I washed the car.... Coming up on about a month of this being on the car. No signs of it wearing off or failure. This video is right before the 4th wash the car got since applying M305.

Keep in mind this car sits outside 24/7 as well.

Still absolutely awesome beading and sheeting happening here.

Comment

My better half recently had some parking lot damage repaired last week. My M305 is here right now. I'll be putting it to work tomorrow!

I did open it, and it smells like D301.

In all honesty, I had forgotten about my gallon of M80, which could have done the job... :/

Comment

I applied it and I did not apply another coat to see how long this would last. It did not make it to 3 months. More like 8-10 weeks which is still pretty good considering the products purpose. After the 8 week mark the beading got larger and laid flatter on the paint. Same with the sheeting. It slowed down quite a bit. At the 3 month mark I simply washed and sealed the paint and will do a much needed correction when these small rain storms finish passing through.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have it on the repaired area of her truck, and while it's not beading as well, it's still resisting road grime, allowing for easy road film removal. It's not allowing the film to settle into the paint.

Enough time has passed that I can M205, and M21 the area.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');