• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet Vacuuming Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Vacuuming Problems

I own a 2015 Toyota 4Runner with a black interior. This vehicle is not used off-road.

I vacuum with a shop vac equipped with a hose and a brush attachment on the end. No matter what I do there always little bits that refuse to release from the carpet. These are not stains but little specs of dust and dirt. I tried brushing the carpet first to loosen the debris. Nothing seems to work. The carpet has a death grip on this stuff.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Carpet Vacuuming Problems

Try taking the brush off the end and use the hose itself for more suction. It'll take longer & some of the specs of dirt will fly up as you go along but it'll get the job done if you're patient.

Comment

Time consuming but...wrap some tape (duct, masking, etc) around your hand, sticky side out. Then just pat-pat-pat.

Bill

Comment

Or you can use special static charged floor wipes. around $5 /pack of 80

Simply rub it a few times to charge it with static and then wipe. Great for tiny dust specks and debris . I use it to clean glass, engine bay and seats. but just remember do not use it on painted trims, it will scratch.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');