• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No gloss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gloss

Hi there

When I tried m105/205, there was no problem removing scratches but for the life of me, I could not get the f150 race red glossy. Tried different LC pads with different speeds.Washed,clay bar, polished but couldn't get that glossy look I wanted. I love using megs products mainly m21 and ultimate. I'm jut wondering
    if I'm missing a step here. Right now I have Autoglym SRP & EGP with great results, but I would like to have how it looks now, but use Meguairs. BTW I have stripped down the previous layer with apc and using m205. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: No gloss

How old is the car and/or paint you're working on?

Can you post some pictures?

Comment

The truck is a F150 2014 and will post pic tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kadii98 View Post
        BTW I have stripped down the previous layer with apc and using m205. Any help would be appreciated.
        Thanks
        The previous layer being the wax/sealant? Or did you do this after the 105?

Post the pics when you can.

More than likely it's a pad issue. I use Meguiar's pads so can't really say where the LC pads you used fit in here sorry.

Comment

Gloss has little to do with the pad itself, and more to do with the liquid product's oils and finish. I haven't used the Autoglym products, but if this is the first time you've used Ultimate/Mirror Glaze, then it could be a simple difference between the way the polishes look. For example, I use Meg's Detailer D302, which has no cleaners in it, but is a deeper yellow polish with a rich finish. On black is very easy to see the difference, and on red, I can see how something like D302 would give a deeper "race red" look than the white finish of Ultimate/Mirror Glaze. If you've used M105/205 before and had the look you wanted, retrace those steps. You might also compare a polish-wax rather than a straight sealant or wax.
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Does anyone have before/after pictures that proves a particular product has produced more gloss/shine by applying it to a car that has already had all defects removed via cut/polish? It is my understanding that you can't get any shinier than a clear coat that has no defects, but you should certainly apply a sealer/wax to protect it.

Comment

Kadii98,

I have a 2013 race red F150 and I have just used the DSMF correction system on the hood after getting the kit. I used the correction compound, then the DAMF polish, and topped it with the DAMF Finishing wax. here are 2 picture of the afters.

2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');