• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best product for exterior vinyl and rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best product for exterior vinyl and rubber?

Will this be the best choice for vinyl and rubber exterior?

Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner Conditioner Spray

Re: Best product for exterior vinyl and rubber?

Comment

If you are looking for a Meguiar's product that would work for that then ultimate black would be the one to get.

I would recommend cleaning the trim with some all purpose cleaner such as D101 prior to application to get the most benefit of the product. It bonds better to clean trim.

Another option would be solution finish followed by a trim protectant such as ultimate black.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thank You Guz

Comment

By the way that is nice C5. I just corrected the paint on my uncles 02 C5. The trim on his looked just like yours on the front cowl. Ultimate Black will work fine and last a few weeks before it needs to be reapplied. It's pretty straight forward to use and works well.

I ended up using solution finish to restore it back to black. I let it sit for a couple days before I ended up putting the same coating on it that I put on the paint. Solution finish is nice as a restorer but it lacks in the hydrophobic department. So lately a lot of people have been topping it with a trim protectant or trim coating.

I did not take any 50/50 photos but I think you can see the difference in the trim in the engine bay photo and the photo showing the gloss on the hood in my thread.

99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks i like the work you did.

Comment

Thanks
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Chiming in on Ultimate Black - change ya' life It will streak and smear badly, though, so be careful with excess and over-wipe (using a dedicated rag or napkin or sponge), and then "seal" with a spray wax. The treatment will last a long time, depending on rain and washings and sun exposure, and you can boost it with spray wax and/or Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere.
                Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I'll chime in as well on this. I give a solid nod to Ultimate Black, but sometimes I find it too streaky.

I like to clean and condition with M40 and a brush first on rubber trim. It cleans and rejuvenates and isn't streaky.

After a week or so of letting that soak in I will clean it off again with an APC and then use ultimate black. That seems to address some of the streaking issues. It also gains you longevity that M40 lacks.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');