• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is saying that PP365 IS NOT a 'beauty wax' misleading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is saying that PP365 IS NOT a 'beauty wax' misleading?

I've seen it mentioned here on MOL and other places that Paint Protect 365 is not a "beauty wax" or "appearance wax," but rather a durable sealant lacking in final looks compared to other waxes & sealants.

I personally think that this is misleading, especially after yesterday after applying my 2nd coat (in 3 months) of PP365 to my jet black Camaro. Which is a black mirror.

I say this because we all know that without PREP WORK, no wax or sealant is truly going to look its best. When I recoated my car yesterday, granted the hood and roof had some washing scratches (entirely my fault), so I polished them out with Ultimate polish and a Meg's 5" polishing pad on my PC. They were light, so this didn't take but a few minutes. But THE SIDES of the car were still immaculate from the last polishing and passed the baggie test, so they were only wiped down with Meg's QD (in the maroon bottle) and PP365 reapplied.

This time when applying the PP365, I went panel-by-panel and really took my time. I used a clean 4" mf covered application sponge and used about 5-9 DROPS (literally drops, like out of an eye dropper) per panel, depending on the size of the panel, then I immediately wiping the panel down with a clean/folded MF cloth, going slowly until all streaks & smears were gone and the panel looked perfect. It was kind of fun doing it all by hand, dragging a short stool around with me so I could sit to do each panel.

When I was done, I went inside, got a drink and relaxed a few minutes, then went out to re-examine the car. The look was as if it had just received a full-blown polishing all over followed by a few layers of a "beauty wax." And it was so slick, that even a microfiber cloth would slide across the hood and off the other side if tossed on - usually microfibers will still 'grip' a freshly waxed surface, at least for me.

This morning, as I look out the window at the Camaro, It looks even better than it did yesterday in this predawn light.

It may not be touted as a "Beauty Wax," but when applied to a properly prepared finish, it looks as good as anything else.

Just my opinion.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Is saying that PP365 IS NOT a 'beauty wax' misleading?

PP365 may not be considered a beauty wax by most but it leaves my white 4runner with a hard candy shell gloss that I love. It makes the black trim look fantastic as well. I wait a day or so after applying PP365 and give the 4Runner a light mist and rub down with Ultimate Quick Detailer which enhances the gloss even more. There may be better combinations of products out there but none are easier to apply and remove.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');