• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok to use ultimate compound with DA polisher on entire car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok to use ultimate compound with DA polisher on entire car?

Just as the title says. I have a silver 2007 jeep, and a 2012 dark charcoal Infiniti g37x. I've kept good care of their paint for the most part. There are a few swirls on each. I'm considering purchasing the da polisher and using ultimate compound or polish to correct them. Do I find and fix each swirl? Or just work over the entire car? Usually, I just use polish by hand on each car before waxing with ultimate liquid wax just for extra shine, not really to correct anything. What is your recommendation? Thank you all!

Re: Ok to use ultimate compound with DA polisher on entire car?

Oh yes, you'll probably end up doing the whole car, because there will be little imperfections UC will get at, you'll like what you see, and the surface will be baby smooth after you remove the excess, so might was well do it all. The swirls and other stronger defects will take extra "passes", so do each section in sequence, not forgetting the separate polish step. In other words, if you start with the roof, you'd compound, polish and wax that whole part of the car, then move on. It will take longer than you think, even with a machine, maybe a whole weekend, to do it right.
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');