• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inner Wheel Arch Cleaning (Brake Calipers etc) - Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Wheel Arch Cleaning (Brake Calipers etc) - Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner

I was going to remove my wheels and clean the caliper and fender liner and other areas of the inner wheel arch. I have Meguiars gold class shampoo and conditioner, hot rims aluminum wheel cleaner, and also the ultimate quick detailer. which of these would be safest and best to use to clean the entire inner wheel arch (i.e. including the caliper, fender liner etc) (and by safe i mean i'll be spraying the brakes in the crossfire so i dont want to go driving and find I have no brakes etc because of the product usage).

I was thinking to spray the entire area with a hose and then spray a product on the entire inside and then brush it with my wheel cleaning brushes. so i was wondering should i use the shampoo for the fender liner and detailer for everything else etc. please let me know if you have any thoughts on the combo of the three i should use on which parts (i'm hoping one of the three products would due as I have soooo much product left to use I don't want to buy another product just for this part of the car. thanks for any help and thoughts!

Re: Inner Wheel Arch Cleaning (Brake Calipers etc) - Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner

Do not use the Wheel Cleaner on the calipers.....for cleaning that area, I would use Meguiars APC diluted at 10:1, unless the cleaning calls for more power....then I go to APC at 4:1. Your fender liners are likely plastic, and will scratch, so do not use a stiff bristle brush on them.

Comment

Re: Inner Wheel Arch Cleaning (Brake Calipers etc) - Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner

I have painted Brembo's on my Subaru WRX. I spray the wheels (white) with a pH neutral wheel cleaner and let dwell. I follow that with Meg's Hyperwash in a foam cannon application and agitate with a wheel woolie on the wheels, tire brush on the tires, and MF mit for the wheel arches. Finish with a spray wax.

If your brakes are non painted, OEM sliding caliper, wash with GC shampoo. If it is not clean enough go to a APC. As long as it is pH neutral, you will be fine

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');