• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What detergent is go for microfiber towels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What detergent is go for microfiber towels?

What detergent would you recommend for washing microfiber towels? Right now I use clear and free soap.

Re: What detergent is go for microfiber towels?

Plain Tide and Hot water, double rinse cycle.

Comment

I wash them just like any other fabric, because that is all they are. Any given detergent, vinegar, borax, small bit of fabric softener. They come out good as new
      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I've been using 3D Towel Kleen and I am almost out. It works good. I will be switching over to another brand.

Blackfire and McKee's 37 microfiber detergent are also very good. I'm waiting for the new Poorboys detergent. I received the beta version to review and test and it is great.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          I've been using 3D Towel Kleen and I am almost out. It works good. I will be switching over to another brand.
          The 3D Towel Kleen is reasonably priced for a gallon and works well in your experience then why the switch?

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
            The 3D Towel Kleen is reasonably priced for a gallon and works well in your experience then why the switch?
            I am moving on from 3D. Would I recommend towel kleen? Sure I would.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
              I wash them just like any other fabric, because that is all they are. Any given detergent, vinegar, borax, small bit of fabric softener. They come out good as new
              no way man i know for a fact that is false because i've tried it, u need a degreaser with the detergent to really bring them back to life with that scratchy texture. if u just use detergent only they lose that

Comment

oh by the way i use griots microfiber cleaner with all free and clear oxi

Comment

I agree with you, any soap will work. Been doing it for years without a problem.

Originally posted by Top Gear:575215

Comment

Right, I don't use SS towels on anything greasy in the first place. The dirtiest they get is with a full UWWA cleanup, and even those grimy black stains wash right out, even after weeks of being "towel managed" and left in the trunk. They do get matted over time, but it's not from the washing, but from the using. For other uses I have cheap MF rags you can find anywhere. Of those, I use a set for correction work that I keep clean, another set so I can wipe off the wheels (and then my hands) when I'm doing waterless detailing, and another set for interior or general purposes. I usually do the interior glass with the QW SS towels, though. The ones I use on the wheels get black with brake dust and grime, and after a while I give them a thorough Dawn dish soap wring-out to de-grease before washing. Since I'm only doing my own car, these sets have lasted years.
                    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I have been using a rinse and spin first to get soaps out.
                      After that Tide free with a hot wash, heavy dirt cycle and double rinse. It takes about 1 1/2 hours + 21 minutes for the rinse/spin cycle
                      I don't think anything would improve that.
                      All my Costco yellows get thrown in with the usual loads.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');