• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meguiars 6" backing plate 2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meguiars 6" backing plate 2 questions

1, Can you put the 6" backing plate on a harbor frieght dual action polisher?

2, Can you put the 3" backing plate on the polisher and if not will the meguiars drill attachment 3" polisher be comparable if you have a top quality drill?

Thanks!

Re: meguiars 6" backing plate 2 questions

I don't have a HF polisher, but a similar one (Griot's), and change backing plates all the time from 3" to 6", with no ill effects. The drill adapter is an innovative idea for amateurs, but using a real polisher is just so much better.

Bill

Comment

Yeah I have the Meg's 6 inch backing plate on HF polisher. I would highly recommend this because the HF one is too stiff and crusty. I would also recommend the Meguiar's pads because the HF ones shed themselves all over your car.

Comment

thanks bros mymy stuff should be coming today but for the record the harbor frieght backingplate and pads work great as far as im concerned. just want to try something new

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');