• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Buffer and Griots One Step Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Buffer and Griots One Step Sealant

I just placed an order for a DA polisher. This will be my first machine polish, so I am not looking for perfection. I have a lot of swirl marks but are only visible after a fresh wash and wax in the blazing sun at the right angle.

Do you think Griots one step sealant which has a light polishing agent using an orange pad would remove the majority of swirls?

Or do you think I need to use Megs Mirror Glaze or Ultimate Compound first?

I want to use the least aggressive method but since it is a sealant/polish, can't really redo until next time.

FYI, I used the sealant by hand and no good. However, I didn't even know I had swirls so I was not scrubbing hard at all. I was told it is almost impossible to do paint correction by hand hence the buffer.

Re: DA Buffer and Griots One Step Sealant

Give it a go as your test spot. You can adjust your aggressive from there.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: DA Buffer and Griots One Step Sealant

Would prob need a swirl light then. I never noticed before until I looked at the perfect angle when the sun was blaring. Maybe its because I clayed for the first time and can really see the paint imperfections.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');