• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's PC 7335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's PC 7335

Hi All

I have an older Meguiar's (I think it was the G100?) branded Porter Cable 7335 that I have been using for years. I had a stock of pads that I am about out of. I know those pads are no longer available. I'm really out of the loop as to what is new and what I should be using now. I usually use Mirror Glaze 9>7>26.

What pads should I be using today? Do I need a new backing plate? The PC has the W-64DA. Or is it time to upgrade to a newer DA?

Is there a better choice of product for use with the newer pads?

Thanks!

Re: Meguiar's PC 7335

You could invest in the new pads seen here. I am unfamiliar with the backing plate you have.

If you wish to upgrade your DA, Meguiar's offers the MT300.

If you wish to upgrade your products, M101 and M205 would be my recommendations. That or M100 and M205. Are you working with single stage paint? If not 7 is not really needed. M26 is still a great product but if you are looking for something that lasts longer a synthetic sealant such as M21, NXT or Ultimate Wax would be an upgrade.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by BruceF View Post
      .... Or is it time to upgrade to a newer DA?...
      Your call.

Yes, there are newer, higher performance machines available now. But with new pad technology and new chemical products your old machine can be more effective than ever. If it's been meeting your needs all along you may not need more.

Since you've been using 9 as your cleaning product, you have a loooooong way to go before you run out of correction power with your G100. Using products like Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish will up your correction ability tremendously.

...What pads should I be using today? ...
      For foam, the new DF series 5" pads will work great on your G100. For extra correction power you can add the microfiber system to the mix.

... Do I need a new backing plate?
      Yes. the pads and backing plates are matched. If you try to use other backing plates than the ones the pads are designed around you're likely to experience problems over time.

pc

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting the 5" plate and pads and will try out the newer products.

I have a couple of cars with factory BC/CC with a repair/respray in a couple of spots. I've just been using the same products for years.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');